I recently was taking my family to San Antonio. Anyone familiar with San Antonio knows that a "bucket list" item is the Riverwalk. I wanted to stay on the riverwalk but didn't want to spend the $150-$300 a night. So, I was psyched when I found the Hotel Indigo at $90 a night(with parking included). Now granted this was January, so this must be off-season pricing.
upon arrival, I was not wowed by the location or the front door aesthetics, but it was clean, neat, and maintained. Parking was very convenient as it was in a parking lot just across the street. When we got into the room (double queen, non-suite), I was impressed by the size and spacious feel of the room. The view was not much to speak of as our room was not one that over looked the river.
I quickly realized I had chosen the right hotel for a family.
Beds were very comfy, amenities were satisfactory. I found it odd that the room had a fridge, but no microwave. My experience is that you usually have a room with both or none.
On balance, I was very happy with my stay and would stay again. I would recommend for families or folks attending a conference. I am a seasoned business traveler too and I don't think this would be my first choice.
The only downside is the location. While it technically is on the Riverwalk, it's quite a walk from the hub of activity. This hub is also referred to as the "horseshoe" (close to the River Center Mall). If you want to get to the Alamo or the horseshoe you can either walk about 1/2 mile through the city (don't do this at night) or walk about 3/4 miles via the riverwalk. Of course, there are cabs and the "water taxi" too.
It's worth mentioning that if you do have a car, all the usual fast-food joints are about a 5 min drive away. As well as a Walgreens. (this is good intel to have when traveling with a family).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites