This is a tough review to write as my 10-day stay at the Indigo had both good and bad points, and depending on the day what had been good would become bad. In the end, the best way I can describe the hotel is disappointingly inconsistent. Service was so inconsistent that a colleague (one of five of us) who was also staying here asked a manager if it was a training hotel. Inconsistencies started at a check-in. Three of us were Priority Club members, but only two were recognized. Hallway and elevator bay carpets were terribly dirty - I strongly recommend a serious cleaning for them all. Rooms are spacious, with decent sized bathrooms. I personally like the wood flooring, though know some may not. I also liked the small wet bar with refrigerator and Keurig coffeemaker. The hotel even loaned my colleague a microwave for her full stay. Throughout the stay though, there were never the same number of towels in the bathroom. Some days it was two of each, other days three of one kind, one of another, etc. My colleagues reported the same issue. Toiletries also suffered. Some rooms received a full set, others were missing lotion or shampoo. Room service dishes were left in my room after housekeeping had been there on one day. Over the first weekend, one of my colleagues (a Priority Club member) parked a car and was charged. Over the next weekend, I parked a car and was told that as a Priority Club member, there was no charge for parking. I loved not paying, but found it odd that my colleague was charged. Staff were similarly inconsistent. One day the same staff member would be sullen, the next day smiling. Overall though, the staff was kind, just not well trained in their jobs or their brand's products and services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites