The staff are very rude and arrogant, the hotel rooms are dirty and the service is absolutely appalling.
We arrived at the hotel at 1030 am, but as we knew check-in wasn't until 3pm so it wasn't a problem. Our rooms were eventually ready at 430 pm. I had booked 2 rooms, one room to sleep 2 people and one room to sleep 4, but we were told there was only one bed in each room. I tried explaining to the receptionist what i had booked but they were very ignorant and rude, talking over me whenever i tried to explain that one room needed two beds. After 30 mins of arguing I was eventually told they had managed to find me a room with a roll out bed and because of the problems and late check in they said the children could eat free at breakfast (even though I had paid for breakfast in the room rate).
Once in our rooms we found no roll out bed, I called reception and was told they would send one up immediately, I pointed out it needed to be big enough to sleep two children. The bed arrived 1hr 15mins after my phone call, it was only big enough for one child and was made up for one, ie one pillow. My friends were staying in the room next to us, their room was had thick dust on the bedside tables and the floor was covered in dust, dirt and black hairs.
Breakfast was a shambles, we had to wait 1hr 20mins for our breakfast. The service was very slow even then it was because each time we had to chase our waitress, to clean the table, to receive a menu, to take our food and drinks order and to receive the food.
After ordering our food, the waitress asked to see our breakfast vouchers where we found we were only allowed one drink item and one food item off the menu. I wanted coffee, orange juice and toast, but could only have one drink unless I paid extra, my son only wanted milk, bacon and toast but couldn't have them without being charged. She asked for the children's vouchers but I said the receptionist said the kids could eat for free, but before I could explain to her why, she became very rude and arrogant saying kids don't eat for free and demanding to know the receptionists name who said it and talking over me, not listening to any of my explanations.
After speaking to other people they had the same issues of rude, and arrogant staff along with a poor and slow service throughout the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites