We traveled to San Antonio and Austin with our two kids during Christmas. My husband and I both grew up in San Antonio and when we go back we love to stay downtown. Hotel Indigo on the Riverwalk was a perfect location for us. We certainly did not mind the walk to river center (even in the cold), and if we had been patient enough to wait, there is a river taxi that stops right outside the hotel to take you the museums and other activities on the Riverwalk. We liked the laminate flooring (hotel carpet is so icky), the modern decorations and fixtures, and the cleanliness of the hotel. The parking lot is directly across the street and we did not have any problem finding parking in the lot on the three nights we were there. Some people suggested the lot was a little sketchy in their reviews. Honestly, we did not think the lot was sketchy at all - and I have seen sketchy. Maybe it is because we are comfortable in urban settings, but I imagine if you are not comfortable in a more urban setting, you probably should not stay downtown.
The hotel dining is limited, but we had vouchers for breakfast daily, so it was worth the price. The hotel staff were all very nice and the person who checked us in was particularly pleasant and helpful. My father-in-law and his sister came by to visit us at the hotel and could not believe what we had paid. Oh, I forgot to mention, the rooms are very spacious. My husband and I and our two kids fit very comfortably. When we had guests, there was plenty of space for us to sit and visit. We stayed at a much more expensive Sheraton hotel while we were in Austin and it was so disappointing after the comfort of Hotel Indigo - Cramped, musty, blah. We were missing Hotel Indigo the minute we entered the room.
It was a fantastic value. We will definitely stay there on our next stay in San Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites