“A Surprising Find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk

Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 N. St. Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Hawthorn Inn & Suites) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #43 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“A Surprising Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first experience at an Indigo Hotel. The people I was going to be working with in San Antonio recommended it, so I decided to give it a try and I was very pleased. The clean, minimalistic and modern design was very attractive. Hard wood floors in the guest rooms -- very nice! The hotel was extremely comfortable and catered to business travelers very well.

The staff (front desk and bar) could have been better. They did their jobs adequately, but only that. They hardly went out of their way to make a guest feel welcome. They simply did their jobs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Indigo in October 2012 for 3 nights.The room was extremely spacious however the bathroom and the shower was in a terrible,out of date state. We were rather disappointed in the evening receptionist's behaviour; she made us feel like she is doing us a favour by checking us in and assisting us.Anyway, the location of the hotel is quite ok;it;s about 20 minutes walk away from the centre,on the Riverwalk. As it has already been mentioned,there is a car park across the road for a $13/day charge.WIth regards to the hotel restaurants, we did not actually eat at the hotel.Based on previous reviews we decided not to;instead we ate out on the Riverwalk;lots of nice restaurants to choose from with a beautiful view.
Shame about the poor customer service; I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Indigo Nov 9 thru 12 and were very happy with our room (huge and clean), the hotel staff (courteous and helpful), and the location (right on the Riverwalk). The only two things that we would want people to know is that the parking is across the street from the hotel. It is an extra $13.00 per night. There are a few handicap spaces in the front courtyard if you need them, but you will still pay the parking fee. The only other downside is that the access to the Riverwalk is down a long flight of exterior stairs. There is no flat walk out or elevator access to the Riverwalk and if you have trouble climbing stairs or you are wheelchair bound, you will not be able to access the Riverwalk from the hotel. That being said, we will probably stay at the Indigo next time we're in San Antonio.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D L
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Riverwalk in San Antonio for a TPTA Conference October 26 - 28, 2012. My group and I had a fantastic time. The hotel had easy access to the Riverwalk either by foot or river taxi. I had a balcony room overlooking the river, it was great. The rooms were clean & well decorated, and very quiet. Nice flat screen TV's. The restaurant was excellent. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff. Hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I received a handicapped and durty room, with stain on sheets and hair on the floor. The shower couldn't be used by tallers persons like my hysband and I.
A little bit far from the restaurants and all the cool zone. The clients had to wait a lot for breakfast. They had only 2 fews waitress for all the customers.
A bad experience that I don't recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room in front the river walk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
I’ve reviewed your comments in detail with our staff. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We will be reviewing your comments with our department heads to ensure these issues don’t occur again. Thank you for your feedback
Kerrville, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Got a room here on a website for a great price. We loved it! The front desk staff was very nice and informative. The room was wonderful with a very comfy bed and spacious.
The hotel IS on the Riverwalk, but not the part where most of the activity is. To get to the more active part of the Riverwalk, you can take the circuitous route from the river level at the hotel, or you take a short walk at street level. The River Taxi is accessible from the hotel, but I would not suggest trying that out unless you have an unlimited amount of time to spare to get to the other part of the Riverwalk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NMgirl92
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel is nice in and out. It has the modern look at a moderate price which is a plus considering it is right on the quiet part of the riverwalk. I do not mind being on the North quiet side but the riverboat taxi is nowhere to be found at the end part of this riverwalk. then we were advised we have to wait for 30 mins or so....we decided to walk and boy it was a long hard walk going up and down the uneven sidewalks. I guess that was my morning excersie but coming back is even worse...another mile or so. I was so dead tired cuz most of the riverboat taxis were full coming back. We decided to drive out for our function that day but when we came back around 7:30pm there was no parking available at the supposedly parking for hotel indigo guests only. I circled the block several times and out of desperation we drove out straight to the market square to do some more walking and ate my 2nd second dinner just to past the time. We came back around 10:15pm and there was no parking available. I circled the block but I was hesitant to park cuz it was so dark and it was a couple of blocks away from the hotel. I said wait a minute...I just paid this hotel $13 to park and why would I park elsewhere? I went back to parking lot of Hotel Indigo very upset and tired. As I was approaching I saw this couple heading towards the parking lot crossing the street. i drove as fast as I could so I can get their parking spot for the evening. They drove away and I squeezed my Toyota Sequioa in a very tight corner space just to call it a night. My wife just calmed me down so I did not bother approaching the front desk people at all that night. I will put it all here on the review. Our stay is great if NOT for the parking hustle. This is the hotel where you parked at your own risk. Paying the $13 parking fee is not a guaranty that you will get a parking spot whenever you return. So for the couple that left that evening , they have to park elsewhere when they get back. So sorry I took your parking spot but we have to go to sleep and tired of walking roundtrip from the riverwalk back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoy our décor. We do realize that our parking can get pretty full. Our Front Desk and Security staff is always available to assist on finding additional parking. Recent improvements to our lot should make things a lot smoother. We thank you once again for your comments, and hope to see you again soon.