“Excellent Hotel”

Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #58 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for 3 months, the guys at the front desk (Alex & Mel) by my second visit they already knew my name. At the restaurant & bar ( Ryan, Patrick) they are awsome! They are very attentive to their customers!
They have VERY!! Big comfortable Rooms. Haven't had any bad experience with these guys!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your great feed back. We are glad to see that they all took great care of you

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was a nicely appointed hotel with helpful front desk personnel, however it is way too far from the Riverwalk shops and restaurants. Ok if you want to use the water taxi, but that is $15 per person for a 24 hour pass. I would suggest staying near the river loop, but perhaps not on the Riverwalk for a better experience at around the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony large enough for chairs. We had no balcony, but our son had a very large, covered...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Love the modern decor. Rooms are clean and spacious. Patio is nice and relaxing. Pool is clean and is a desent size. Hotel is located on the riverwalk but is a far walk if you want to see the main attractions and restaurants on the main part of riverwalk. Walking on the streets is much shorter. The only thing I didn't like is no free breakfast. Although the hot breakfast I ordered was delicious and was a good portion.

• Stayed: September 2012
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We glad you enjoyed your stay and the restaurant. Hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I am very disgusted with the service of some of the staff that work at this hotel my sister in law came to visit and stayed at this hotel and she receive poor service all the way around starting with the front desk staff a guy by the name of Alex checked us in and when we asked him about parking in the handicapped section of the hotel he was rude and very inconsiderate, I felt very offended because he said that if my in law didn't have a parking decal she couldn't park in handicapped parking and we would have to park across the street. When we checked in and got settled we decided not to go anywhere out to eat and wanted to dine in so we went to the resturant and we were greeted by two men one which seemed very arrogant and into himself and his name was Matt the other man's name was James he seemed to be very down to earth and easy going we really enjoyed him but what really made my dining experience a not so pleasant one was the fact the person in charge of the dining room was not attentive to satifying his guest because he was so busy flirting with younger women and making very lude and crude comments about taking women out to drink and wanting them to come back to his room, I have never felt so out of place it was as if I were in a sex shop and I was going to be hit on next. I also felt that he was rude in speaking in spanish to housekeepers when they walked through the resturant grabbing something to drink, I had no idea this place would be so full of rude people and me being just moved here I heard this place was a nice relaxing place to stay but I must say the General Manager of this hotel must let everyone do what they want and not take action for any wrong doings, if I have learned anything from this visit while my family visited here that I will never come back and anyone I know who ask me what hotel to stay at this one will not be on my list at all.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We truly do apologize for the experience you had with us. That is not the typical stay our guests have. Please be assured that we have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments to ensure this has been corrected. We hope you do try us again to show you our genuine charm

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Loved the decor of this hotel and check-in went well with a friendly staff member. The king bed room was very nice when you first look at it. Nice bed, decent size room, love the wood-like floor and Keurig coffee maker.

Dinner was interesting in their restaurant. No one else there (It was a Saturday night), just wait staff eating at the counter. James was very nice, personable and doing the best he could with what they had. Shrimp appetizer was excellent, not over cooked like so many other places. The rib eye steak is hardily Texan as it was small, but I didn't expect much for a $15 steak. It was cooked properly, and the garlic mashed potatoes were good, along with the vegetables.

Upon going to sleep that night we found the dead bolt would not work. We did the cross bar lock and put furniture in front of the door. Unfortunately sleep was a challenge in the room. Walls seem to be thin so can hear others in rooms adjacent. But the worst thing was a dripping shower head. Not all the time, so it must have been triggered by various water pressures.

We also noticed mold in the upper corner of the shower and robe hanger on bathroom door was broke.

The next morning, breakfast was a disaster. Service was terrible. Looked like only two women there to wait on tables and they looked unhappy. There were only 3 other table besides ours for maybe a total of 10 people. When the woman finally came over to us, I ordered milk. She went over to the self serve counter by the cash register and got me a plastic bottle of milk and brought it back to me. No glass. I ordered their "red eye gravy, biscuits and sausage" with two eggs over easy. I was informed that they do not do eggs over easy, only scrambled. This puzzled me until I was told that their eggs are all powdered. What?? I canceled the eggs and just did the biscuits, gravy and sausage. To my dismay somewhat later I notice the "chef" come from out of the kitchen with a bowl stirring something. He walks up and down the counter area, talking briefly with the staff, and then goes to the coffee machine at the cash register and squirts coffee into the mixture. I realized this was my gravy and he was walking around with no care to what was to be my food. When it was finally served to me, I had two biscuits with a tablespoon of gravy spread on top of the biscuits and the sausage was some over processed link that was so overcooked it was hard on the edges. It was disgusting. I would have complained but the two women were running back and forth between the other tables and I had gotten the impression they did not care. We just got out of there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JenRae
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that the Front Desk staff took good care of you with your king bed room. Your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate Department Managers to ensure issues like these are corrected. We do apologize and hope you come and enjoy us again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This property is lovely! A small boutique hotel right on a quite section of the Riverwalk, but still close to everything. Our room was quite small but still well-appointed for the price.
What made our experience a poor one was the employees. From the front desk, to the housekeepers, to the serving staff....no one smiled. Not once!!! None of them look like they enjoy their job...everyone looked pained to be there. The front desk employees spoke as tho' on script. The housekeepers never made eye contact or even acknowledged your presence. The serving staff was particularly brutal. On the two mornings I came down for breakfast, two different servers did not know how to make the specialty coffees that were advertised. Both claimed they hadn't been trained by their manager. One had a pained expression and actually said as she was serving my food "sorry I really not feeling good today"! Brilliant! Just what everyone wants to hear from the person serving their food.
I even invited the front desk manager to sit with me while I explained to him how this hotel could be really amazing if only the employees could get motivated to deliver great service. He nodded and even agreed and promised to pass along comments to the general manager. But no apology was given!!
My guess is that the management at this property does not make a positive atmosphere for employees and consequently guests suffer . My advice...wake up and smell the coffee (which won't be a latte because no one knows how to make one)!

• Stayed: August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Rosiegirl2,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review with so many great tips for our hotel. I am glad to see that you commented on what you enjoyed about the hotel as well as what fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. Your tips and comments will be shared with the appropriate departments for consideration. We always welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Overall excellent place to stay if you are looking for somewhere nice on the Riverwalk. Friendly environment and great staff and bartender. The bartender Patrick is very talented and friendly, and went out of his way to find out exactly what we wanted. Over all great stay. Will definitely be coming back again soon.

1  Thank Boyka67

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It is great to hear that Patrick took good care of you, as well as our other staff members. We hope you see you again soon.