The Indigo chain seems to always deliver the "un-hotel" experience -- a unique stay at Holiday Inn prices. This property is on the San Antonio Riverwalk, literally, but about a mile from the heart of the city and Convention Center. The walk was easy, either on the streets, or following the Riverwalk all the way, which is a very pleasant walk. When I checked in I was given a balcony room, which had a very large covered porch, with four large upholstered chairs, looking over the river. What a pleasant setting. The room was very large and well appointed with gourmet coffee maker, comfortable beds and flat screen TV. The only criticism is that the room was not pristinely clean -- some dirty baseboards in the corners and the bathroom could have used a more thorough cleaning. The restaurant menu was minimal, so I would not count on a full meal there, but the atmostphere was light and pleasant. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites