“Great place downtown”

Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #57 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is sort of European type with smaller artsy rooms. Breakfast was great, the portion size was "normal", not the usual heavy Texan breakfast., Although they do have a breakfast buffet on weekends. Loved the fact, that breakfast was until 10.30 during weekdays, we could sleep in! You can also buy healthy snacks all throughout the day.
The terrance is a really nice place to sit around with music and free wifi-connection that also works outside. Fitness center was sufficient to get a good work out. Our room was clean. There is a small pool next to the terrance.
Workers seemed really young and although service was always nice and attentive, there were some inconsistencies. I had the same breakfast for three days and got a differently prepared dish every time. Also, the same drink may come in a different size or glass/ plastic cup. However, these were just minor glitches and made our stay a little bit more interesting:)
Parking and breakfast was complimentary for us (don't know why) and although the parking lot fills up pretty fast, the hotel has an extra lot right next to the first one. Kudos to the guy who sat outside during the evenings to guide people to a parking space!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NM2181
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Hotel Indigo rock!!
We came to pick this hotel by the internet. We were in town for our son graduation from boot camp at Lackland AFB.
From the start this hotel was the icing on the cake for our trip. From the friendly staff, beautiful comfy room and great food/drinks. Court side pool and patio area was so peaceful and well maintain.
I am not one to write review but wanted to let everyone know
HOTEL INDIGO IS THE PLACE TO STAY WHEN COMING TO SAN ANTONIO....

Special thanks to Matt the best bartender we had the pleasure to chat with. He took very good care of us while we were there. He even added a special treat when we told him it was our annervisty. And his side kick James was an awesome host, he pay close attention to our every needs. The man never said no. These two gentlemen made our stay so enjoyable. And should be recognized for their awesome customer service. Keep up the good work guys.

Over all rating two thumbs up. We are coming back so when the temperature drops....lol

William and Shelley Johnson
Beaverton Oregon

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Unfortunately didn't see thar pets were allowed in the hotel. Housekeeping didn't do proper job cleaning room and was bit by fleas [or yuck-BEDBUGS] all night. View from room was sad, a Giant TV broadcast antenna.
If I had slept better, I would probably return. Also parking Not free.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank MattLuv
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear MattLuv,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

CJ
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a cute, kitzchy boutique hotel with lots of upside potential. Unfortunately, poor customer service abounds and kills any positive attributes. The room I booked was unavailable when I checked in even though I had booked several months earlier. They offered to move me to the correct type of room for day two of my stay which just meant I could never get settled. I had to ask about parking and was directed to a side street because the hotel lot was full. The front desk clerk had to be asked everything and offered no info on his own. I finally started dealing with the shift manager. I inquired about restaurant options for dinner and the front desk didn't even recommend the restaurant right in the hotel. That should have been a sign., Ordered dinner at the restaurant on night two and of the two items I ordered, both were prepared incorrectly and not to my request at all.
The rooms are well appointed although the common areas were a bit dirty and I don't think the halls ever got vacuumed. This hotel desparately needs so solid customer service training and they might have a chance but as things stand I would prefer to spend slightly more on my room and stay at a more recognizable brand name and get consistent service and attention. Great bar area but that is not what draws me to a hotel. Too many failed opportunities and too many mistakes to warrant coming here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Lex682
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed on two different occasions this month. Both of my rooms were very large and the beds are awesome. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful....I will be looking for Indigo Hotels from now on when I travel.
I was minutes from my destination and it was great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank luvstogoAustin
Reviewed July 26, 2011

As our reservation date got closer, the reveiws for this hotel got worse! So I had some pretty dreaded ideas of what we had paid for. I was really very happy with the whole stay! We had a riverwalk view room with a balcony, we enjoyed numerous hours relaxing there and on the comfy bed in the room. The staff was helpful, parking was free, we didn't hear other guests, we spent a good hour at the refreshing pool. It was off the shopping area of the riverwalk, which made it more relaxing in my opinion. The only 2 downfalls...they took our towels on day 2 and didn't replace them. I called down to the front desk and they brought them up. The other was major construction on a building across the river during the day...man were they loud! But this was not the hotels fault and the banging stopped by 4pm. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MelTvedt
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I had to choose a cheaper hotel so that was within my govt per diem rate (didn't want to pay out of pocket) and this had decent reviews and was within my limit. We came in through some ghetto streets and were hesitant, but when we got the hotel, it was in prime location. It is immediately across the corner from the riverwalk and alamo. The hotel itself was also a pleasant surprise. The front desk people were nice and checked us in immediately. Our room was all hardwood floor and looked like a spa boutique hotel. We were in a corner room, so we have no issues with noise at all. Definitely would recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple