“What a relief!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“What a relief!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

As our reservation date got closer, the reveiws for this hotel got worse! So I had some pretty dreaded ideas of what we had paid for. I was really very happy with the whole stay! We had a riverwalk view room with a balcony, we enjoyed numerous hours relaxing there and on the comfy bed in the room. The staff was helpful, parking was free, we didn't hear other guests, we spent a good hour at the refreshing pool. It was off the shopping area of the riverwalk, which made it more relaxing in my opinion. The only 2 downfalls...they took our towels on day 2 and didn't replace them. I called down to the front desk and they brought them up. The other was major construction on a building across the river during the day...man were they loud! But this was not the hotels fault and the banging stopped by 4pm. We would stay here again!

1 Thank MelTvedt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
atlanta, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I had to choose a cheaper hotel so that was within my govt per diem rate (didn't want to pay out of pocket) and this had decent reviews and was within my limit. We came in through some ghetto streets and were hesitant, but when we got the hotel, it was in prime location. It is immediately across the corner from the riverwalk and alamo. The hotel itself was also a pleasant surprise. The front desk people were nice and checked us in immediately. Our room was all hardwood floor and looked like a spa boutique hotel. We were in a corner room, so we have no issues with noise at all. Definitely would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Harlingen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

After two days of research, my family of four decided to go the non-traditional route of staying away from the main section of the Riverwalk in a hotel we had never heard of before. The pictures looked nice, it had decent reviews, and the price was reasonable. The following review is based on having stayed a full week. There are only a few negatives to speak of. First, you are a good walk from the main attractions of downtown San Antonio. However, if you like a nice stroll along the river or don't mind payinf five bucks for the river taxi, that's not such a big deal. Second, at the time we stayed there, there was heavy construction going on accross the street that began promptly at 8:00. I suppose that is more bad luck than anything though. Third and last, the hotel has very thin walls and floors. Having said all of that, I would still recommend this hotel to anyone just for the service. From the front desk, to the restaurant (which is very good), to the bartender, to housekeeping, I have never met a friendlier or more accomodating staff. I have stayed in alot of hotels and this has by far been the best service I have ever received. I don't think you can put a price on that. If service is important to you, then the Indigo is the place to stay.

2 Thank ringram9689
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

The hotel indigo provided excellent service and had a very satisfing rooms that were very neat and clean. would highly recommend them to anyone and look forward to staying there again.

Victoria, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

The service was horrible. The room was dirty, there were dirty clothes left behind by the prior guest, the towels wernt even clean! The parking was horrible, they dont have a private parking lot for guests and you have to park across the street in a dark unlite parking lot filled with huge pot wholes. The breakfast buffett that is advertised as being from 7am-noon on saturday and sunday was awful. They served us the few scraps that was left over and they asked us to leave and it wasn't even 11:00 am yet. Then they charged us $12.95 per person, FOR SCRAPS that we didn't even eat! The swimming pool was filthy and the water stinky! We were awake all night because you could hear people walking in the hall, the walls are paper thin. It was an all around horrible experience and we wont be back!

3 Thank dsj_627
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

We really enjoyed are stay at the hotel. I loved the beds they were really soft & clean. For the first time I didn't get home sick. The hotel relly made me feel like I was home. It was more than I expected. Everyone was really friendly!!

houston, tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

My wife and I took a mini vaca with her young sister (8) and brother (22). We wanted to take them to San Anotnio and go to Fiesta Texas. We stayed 2 full nights (Sun and Mon) and left Tues morning. I chose this Hotel based off its website pics. The design looked fun and sort of modern. I apologize i usually have at least a few pics but our camera went on the fritz when we got there so none were taken.

It also lists that they are on the River walk, which they are. Only thing is they are a decent 15 minute walk to anything relevant on the Riverwalk. We chose to drive downtown due to have the young one with us. Parking is across the street and behind the building. I beleive it was 15 bucks a night. Car was safe all night and it was not off a super busy street.

Front desk was helpful enough. Check in was easy. Decor was exactly how it is depicted on the website. The only thing I noticed was that in real life, things are not as fresh looking as they look in the photos. Not dirty. Just, you can see wear on the carpet on some spots in the hall ways, some of the plants are fake. Little things like some of the room numbers were taped to the doors on our floor. It looked like a temporary fix, but it was something I noticed and just made me look a little harder at things.

They took care of my requests. I asked for a king room with a double queen room connecting. Rooms were perfect. Double queen was actually bigger with a full size couch, even though we paid more for the king room. Small fridge with sink and coffee makers in each. Trims were nice with flower muraled accent walls and hard wood floors. Bed was comfy but ours had a slightly annoying creek in it. The beds in the kid's room actualy were a little more comfortable, but it wasnt anything detrimental. They do have free WIFI in every room which was nice, and free internet downstairs in the computer/business area. That was a nice change over some of these big guy hotels having those B.S. UPS business centers where you have to drop 5 bucks for 10 minutes of usage.

The showers were nice. I thought they were tiled, but they are not. (not to be PG-13 rated) but, You do have a floor to ceiling glass door and couple can easily use the shower together. Bathroom has small sitting stool that fits under the sink. You have all your standard toilettries. NO Q-TIPS!! grrr. This is my new pet peeve. We have stayed in a few hotels recently and once you get a couple of the that have a small pack of q-tips in the bathroom, youll be spoiled for life. Outside by the pool area was nice, just hot, not too much shade. No jaccuzi either. Work out room was pretty nice. Lots of treads and elipticals with freeweights, and TVs and such.

Nothing really with-in walking distance. We didnt eat at the hotel. They had free breakfast, but only on the weekends, and Mon we went down stairs to find nothing..woomp wooomp..lol So we went out. Did look at the menu. Not too bad. omlettes, steak and eggs, basic breakfast. Small bar area which there was no one at while we were there.

When I called to book the rooms, the lady said this was the nicer of the three. Price wasnt too bad. The two rooms, because we did a no refund early booking thru thier website, was about $430.00 (3 adults one child 2 rooms 2 days parking.)

Ok, here's the deal. Have any of you have stayed in the Magnolia in downtown Houston? I was expecting something along those lines. It had the potential to look like it, but it just didint deliver on the trip or the feel. Would I stay here again?? Possibly, but only if we were looking for an inexpensive option over the chains like a Laquinta for example.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family