Lovely room on the top floor: full kitchen, sitting area with pull out sofa, queen bed. Recently renovated so it's all modern, which we love. Complimentary breakfast was better than expected: eggs, sausage, potatoes, make-your-own-texas-belgian waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, toast, yogurts, oatmeal, juices and coffee/tea. Even the dining area was nice where the manager (?) was attentive to cleaning the areas and talking to the guests. Very kind and hands-on genteman.
Hotel location seemed rather dark and secluded BUT it was only 2.5 blocks from the Alamo and the rest of the buzz. Lots of attractions, eateries, restaurants. The Riverwalk was the highlight for us...plenty of entrances for this sublevel wonder. Riverwalk is quite extensive and is restaurant heaven! Beautiful sight in December with all the xmas lights strung on the trees. We saw the New Year's fireworks at HemisPark (less than a 15 min walk) from the hotel.
Downside of hotel was pricey parking (self or valet is same price $25 per nite + tax)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Antonio hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza Hotel San Antonio
- Residence Inn Alamo Plaza
- San Antonio Residence Inn