Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenwafflestwo bedroom suitemon wedthe river walktwo blocksminute walkthe breakfast areaconvention centerfree breakfastself parkingsofa bedhotel is greatconvenient locationliving areariverwalk areahot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2012

2 day stay, Sun/Mon and could not have been better. Wife took both room keys when she went shopping and I wanted to share in the evening libations. Called front desk and asked if just my DL would suffice for ID to get another key and reply was "Not Necessary, I know who you are." OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. GREAT WI-FI, plenty power outlets on lamp bases to charge all the "Toys". 5 STAR! Very modern and CLEAN!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Van P
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for two nights. I was traveling with my husband, our 2-year old son, and my parents. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite. It was an easy walk to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. Breakfast was comparable to other hotels that offer free breakfast. Happy hour food was about what you'd expect. The suite was clean and nicely updated. The kitchen items were somewhat limited (pots and dishes) but we had enough to cook basic food for our toddler. What really impressed us was that the hotel loaned us an umbrella stroller when we realized we'd forgotten ours. The 2-bedroom suite was an excellent value for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank platinumflyer2000
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks due to business in the area.
Pros:Hotel itself a little dated but kept really clean from the public areas, to the room and the laundry areas. Loved the pool and hot tub. The staff was very friendly and serviced the room almost every day. The room was very spacious and had a little kitchenette equipped with stuff for basic cooking, but no oven just a range. The bed was not the most comfortable in the world but again, very clean. View of the Alamo, which was awesome. Loved the reception in early week for guest with free dinner and beer or wine tasting.
Pet friendly-my dog loved it here and we would go for walks in the park every day.
Within walking distance to great restaurants, the mall, the riverwalk and most attractions in downtown San Antonio. Right next to the Alamo.

Cons: Parking was a bit expensive but it is the same everywhere that is within walking distance to the riverwalk. Also, late night club right next to hotel so was kept up LATE on Fridays and Saturdays but I am not one to party into the night, so if you are then you will be okay. If you are like me and go to sleep by 11 then I would ask for a room facing away from the Alamo, that should take care of the noise issue. A bit of a drive to the air force base.

Room Tip: Want a view and don't mind late night noise on the weekend- ask to stay facing the Alamo and historic Emily Morgan hotel. Want to stay away from the noise on weekends, ask to face the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Customer Service was superb. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Excellence at it's finest. The workers went out of their way to make our experience very enjoyable. The rooms are very nice, neat, and smell good. They are very modern looking. I could hear no outside noises in the hallway or outside. This room provide a homey atmosphere. Nice and spacious. I lot the free breakfast and happy hour. Tammy and Denise were very nice and informative about the city. Job well done.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

As San Antonio became my first city upon arriving in the US, me and my husband stayed here for like 3 months coz he was in the military and is doing studies. The hotel is very accomodating and you dont even feel like you are away from home, I must say that you better stay on higher floors so that you can get a good view in the morning or at night, it is very accessible to the Alamo and the Riverwalk where you can just walk and enjoy all the good things, Id say that it is near to everything. Right beside the hotel is a club where you can go and party if in any case you get bored. Just a 3 minuete walk from the hotel. The hotel rooms are provided with kitchen stuff like stove, utensils, knives, cook wares just if you wanted to cook something. The room is clean and it looks new. Staffs are friendly. Breakfast is served daily from 7am to 10am, dinner is only served from Mondays to Wednesdays. Parking spaces are wide. The only thing that I don't really like during our stay is the pool where it is very small and if its the weekend you would never get a chance to even be by the pool area. Gym facilities are okey if you are not doing a lot but it is very small and only few can use them if it gets packed. All in all it was good and I don't have anything to complaint about our stay. I miss it and would look forward to be back there soon as I meet new friends in the hotel. If you ever happened to visit the hotel say my hello to Mumma Sandra and Jane. ;) Enjoy!

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple