“Once a dump, always a dump”

Days Inn San Antonio Alamo/riverwalk
Ranked #280 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Arkansas
“Once a dump, always a dump”
Reviewed August 1, 2005

Reading current reviews of this Days Inn brings back horrid memories of our unfortunate stay there a couple of years ago. We booked online. We had never stayed at a Days Inn before, and never have since. The place was dirty, run down and the staff (including the manager) did not care at all if you had problems with your room. Sound like things are pretty much the same now.

Stayed July 2003
9 Thank tater1992new

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2005

I stayed at the Days Inn Alamo/Riverwalk over the 4th of July. Even though I made my reservations well in advance, they did not honor what I requested. I wanted adjoining rooms so that my 3 yr old son would be able to spend time with his grandmother - whom he is extremely attached to. He screamed his head off every time she left our room. She had to stay in our room until he went to sleep, just to keep him from disturbing the other guests.The management did not care that this was ruining our stay. They also neglected to tell me that instead of charging my debit card for my rooms, they were going to put a hold on it. My mother was paying cash for their room and I wanted to pay with my checking card. The next day, I called my bank and found out that they had put a hold on all my available cash. I was furious. The amount they put on hold wasn't even the amount that our room expense. It was more!!!!! I went to the office and they would not take the hold off my account. When we checked out, i thought that when they charged my account for my room and my mother paid cash for hers, that they would take the hold off. Unfortunately, it took my whole entire vacation for them to release my money.I called to talk to the manager and was continuously told she was not available.I never did get to talk to the manager. I had to complain to the main office, who could only fax the property to tell them they should take the hold off. I was very displeased with the way they handled my problem.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2005

This motel is old and situated right on the highway....although strangely the noise is not too bad if you keep the airconditioner running. The rooms are fairly clean. All in all -- about what you'd expect in this price range.

Only complaint is the staff. The front desk women are less than friendly to say the least. Also they do offer a free "breakfast." However that consists of horrible donuts, blueberry biscuits wrapped in plastic, cold cereal, orange juice, and warmish milk. Not advisable unless you are looking for a CHEAP, non-healthy, tasteless tummy filler. Also, the "dining" area has about 5 tables.

I must say, it is very handy to the alamo, riverwalk and mall. And it does have free parking. These are good things.

However, I probably wouldn't return. You kind of have that "I need a shower" feeling when you leave. I'd probably spend a few more bucks and upgrade a bit to the newer La Quinta next door! But if you're on a budget it may be ok in a pinch. You could do worse.

• Stayed March 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these San Antonio hotels
Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza
East Side
Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk)

Been to Days Inn San Antonio Alamo/riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn San Antonio Alamo/riverwalk

Property: Days Inn San Antonio Alamo/riverwalk
Address: 902 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205-2027
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > East Side
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #280 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn San Antonio Alamo/riverwalk 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn San Antonio Alamo/riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Alamo/Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio