$96
Hotel Contessa
$407
$339
Hyatt.com
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$207
$167
Agoda.com
$379
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarket squarea nice grocery storewafflesfront desktwo bedroom suitefull kitchenfree food and drinksthe river walkfresh fruithard boiled eggsevery staff membersmall poolroom doorshort driveexercise roombreakfast was deliciousstayed two nights
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Good: Extremely friendly, always-smiling, and helpful staff. Clean and spacious rooms. Nice hot Residence Inn breakfast.

Bad: Poor sound proof - got woke up by the restless family upstairs as well as the trains which were actually a good distance away. Certain things in the room such as shower faucet and thermostat need to be updated. Very tiny pool.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We stayed here for 3 days with our two kids. The walls are thin and we could here noises from other rooms, plumbing, flushing etc. all night. The hotel is old and even though it has been updated with new furniture/carpet etc...it is still not nice. On the second day of our stay - our room was not made even though we were gone from 9:00am - 2:00pm (we had put a sign on the door from 2:00pm - 5:00pm requestiing the room be cleaned later). When I called at 5:00pm - I was told that the cleaning staff had left. When I got upset and told them I woudl take it up with Marriott...lo and behold the room was cleaned. I have stayed at many Residence Inns - this one did not have proper pots/pans in each room, the furniture was old (the table had a leg that was so wobbly that I had to stabilize it when working on my laptop), the dishwasher leaked.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank constanttraveller73
Reviewed April 30, 2008

This was a nice place to stay in San Antonio. We had a suite room, so there was a fold-out bed and a separate bedroom. The full kitchen came in handy to make quick meals for our daughter. The room, especially the bathroom, was somewhat dated and had low water flow problems. Also, when you get to your room, look out the window and if you can see the dumpsters, ask to be moved to the other side of the building (they come to empty them between 4 and 5 am every other day, which is very loud)! There is a small playground area with picnic tables in the back. Overall the hotel was clean and presentable.

Location is good. Close enough to the freeway for convenience, but far enough not to be loud. It is within walking distance of the Market Square. You can also hop on the trolley near the hotel for $1which will take you further downtown and to the Riverwalk and the Alamo.

The staff was extremely friendly, always willing to answer our questions and make recommendations for restaurants. They even offered to give us milk so we would not have to make a special trip to the store.

The free breakfast was hot food (eggs, oatmeal, French toast, etc), fruit, cereal, etc. You HAVE to have one of the make-your-own Texas shaped waffles! The reception on Mondays through Thursdays had beer, wine, and some light finger foods.

One word of advice, if you have never been to San Antonio, make sure you can read a map, especially if you are off the freeway. They tend to not mark the roads real well and if you make an incorrect turn, you may be searching for a while.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank James Z
Reviewed March 29, 2008

This hotel was just what we were looking for. Our room was very comfortable, particularly the queen sized bed with lots of extra pillows. It was wonderful to get back from a day of sightseeing to a perfectly made-up room. Housekeeping did an excellent job. Our 13-yr old said "this feels like home" and that's the ultimate compliment. Breakfast was outstanding, with a great variety of choices. The evening social hour was nice as well. Of particular note was the staff's friendliness. Managers were always around and eager to assist. Finally, the location was a plus too. Just outside the more crowded "tourist zone", it was a short walk to the delightful Mexican restaurants and shops of Market Square. While it was only a 10 minute drive to the Alamo, we took advantage of the bus/trolley service that stopped outside the hotel to save some gas and avoid worrying about parking. Really worth staying at in San Antonio.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyTravelFan
Reviewed January 28, 2008

We booked our room online months in advance a two room hotel since we we are a family of six. When checking in, they first gave us a regular room which of course was not what I booked. We patiently waited and within 15 minutes they had our correct room ready. We took a long walk to the Alamo and then on the return trip took the trolley, which dropped us off right at the hotel. We ordered pizza at the Pizza Hut just down the street. Afterwards, we all took a dip in the pool. It was very clean, and well maintained. It was one the best we've been in for a long time. All but my youngest daughter tried out the hot tub, which was nice. We felt the hotel was rather secure so we allowed her to return to the room by herself (she's 16). Upon our return to our room only 15 min. later, we met another family ( family of four) about to enter our room. I quickly said, "Excuse me, this is our room." He was very apologetic, then looked at his room key, which was the same as ours. He said he'd go down and straighten up the mistake. My youngest daughter was in the room just finishing up her shower. I was furious that the hotel staff would give out another room key to another patron. All these keys are electronically activated and everything is on the computer. Five minutes later we received a phone call from the front desk telling us they gave us the wrong room. Mind you, I reserved this room months in advance, we had been there for hours, and we were all getting showers and getting ready to turn in for the day. I told him that he was mistaken, this was our room and we were not moving!! I reminded him that we had a family of six and they were a family of four. It was their mistake, not mine.
The hotel was clean but we weren't happy with the staff. If my daughter would have been walked in on; they would have been hearing from my lawyer. This is a nice hotel but just be careful... the staff likes to hand out extra room keys.

• Stayed: August 2007