I was attending a conference in San Antonio and failed to get a room at the conference hotel. I chose the Residence Inn at Market Square after a frantic search. May wife accompanied me on the trip. When we drove up my expectations immediately went south. The exterior was not terrible, just lacked some measure of "wow" factor you kind of expect. Check-in was quick and efficient. Staff people went out of their way to thank us for choosing their hotel. I did not see any other guests - that concerned me.
The room was smaller than expected, but clean and well maintained -with the exception of an old red recliner and ottoman that showed the signs of wear. In short, I wasn't feeling real good about my choice at this point. However, that would change shortly. That night we attended their cookout featuring hamburgers and hot dogs. People, families and guests were everywhere. What a spread! Sodas, bottled water, wine, coffee and Coronas were flowing. Salads and trimmings were plentiful. Fresh baked cookies were steadily being brought out. It was great. WE were encouraged to take something back to the room. Our attitude changed. We had a comfortable first night and appreciated the full kitchen with dishes and silverware. The dishes were washed in the dishwasher each day by the maid. The service was outstanding.
The front desk staff was great. Dewayne was our anchor person. He was simply outstanding and made my wife very comfortable. She came to really love this place. Breakfast was very, very nice every day, and my wife was content as I attended meetings daily. When we visited the Alamo on Saturday, Dewayne gave us drinks to help survive the hot, muggy weather - A real touch of class.
We would definitely stay at this property again. We are accustomed to places like the Marriott Plaza, but the personal touches we experienced at the Residence Inn Market Square property are unforgettable. Thanks for an outstanding stay.
KH and RH
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square offers an ideal location in the heart of downtown San Antonio, just off I-35. This great location is within minutes of top destinations including Market Square, the Riverwalk, the Alamodome, and the AT&T Center. Business travelers will appreciate the quick commute to the offices of AT&T, Toyota, Boeing, and HEB Grocery, as well as business-friendly amenities such as free proprety-wide WiFi, a 24-hour business center, and over 1,400 sq. Ft. Of flexible meeting and event space. Our suites are 50% larger than standard hotel rooms, and are highlighted by HD TVs, plush bedding, and the fully-equipped kitchens with refrigerator, microwave, and stove top. Start your day off with the complimentary breakfast buffet, and unwind in the evenings at the weekday evening social hour. Guests will love to maintain their active lifestyle with a workout in the fitness center or a game of basketball on the SportCourt, or they can spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun by the outdoor pool. With thoughtful amenities and prime location in the heart of downtown, Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square is the perfect choice for extended stay trips or weekend getaways to San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Residence Inn