“Quick stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge San Antonio Att Center/I-10 East

and 1 more site!
Travelodge San Antonio Att Center/I-10 East
Ranked #256 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have stayed at this moter the last couple of years because of its location and location to our event, due to the rudeness of the owner/on duty manager we will not be staying their again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I chose this place because the Travelodge website indicated they accepted dogs. No mention anywhere of a separate pet fee. When I checked in, there was a large sign at the front desk that said there would be a $20/night charge per pet. I was staying 3 nights, so that tacked on another $60 to my bill. Don't get me wrong - reasonable pet charges are within the rights of the property. But at least be upfront about it - no unpleasant surprise at check-in. Checkout is at 11 and I requested a noon check out and was told they would have to charge me another $20. For one hour. So be very careful -- this place likes to add charges. The room was clean. Had been recently updated. The pillows are 2" thick and hard as rocks. The blanket looks like it was Army surplus from the Korean war. Towels are typical Travelodge - small, threadbare and coarse. Toilet wouldn't flush - had no water pressure so for 3 days it was like using a nice portajohn. Message light on the phone blinked continuously - no messages and, according to the front desk, no way to turn it off. Not in the best part of town. No convenient restaurants. But it does have easy access to I-10 Pool is the size of a good sized living room. So there is good and bad about this place. I just know when I return to San Antonio, I will not be staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this hotel on a discount travel site where I paid before I could see the hotel name or read the reviews. $32 a night was a great rate! Hotel was easy to find and close to the freeway. It was clean outside, the staff was friendly and the room was small, but comfortable. Stayed for 3 nights and EVERY night around 4am a train came through and it was LOUD with the horns blaring. Can't blame the hotel and they offered to switch rooms, but I could tell from the loocation of the tracks it wouldn't make a difference. I'm a light sleeper and maybe this doesn't happen every week, but for me I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Algiers, Algeria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

On our way back from Las Vegas to Houston, my wife and I booked this hotel for a couple of hours sleep before hitting the road again to Houston. Just arrived, when wanted to put the heater on, a burned smell odor came out from the Heater, we could not breath anymore. We asked the receptionist to switch to another room; the only one available at that time had the same problem... The receptionist was soooo smart... to advise us to turn the heater on and leave the door open sometimes!!! As according to her this is something normal having that kind of problem when the heater has been off for a long time (how come? we were in the middle of December, nobody never turned it on?)!!! Can you imagine yourself when you stop for a couple of hours to get some rest then you need to wait for a heater for I don't know how long!!! Anyway, we did this... and guess what... the smell was even worst after a couple of minutes.... Excuse me, but I don't think that it's for the clients to fix hotel's problems and troubleshoot they equipment in the middle of the night!
We wanted to leave the hotel and get refunded, what a surprise when the receptionist did not accept to give our money back, kind of saying "you paid ? you're screwed now"... when we asked to talk to the manager, she asked us to wait until the morning "he might come around 10 or 11" (By the way, it was at 4am and we did not want to waste time anymore so we left the hotel).
This hotel was the worst experience I even had with a hotel in my life. If you stop there... welcome to be fooled.
Very bad rooms, very bad equipment and the worst is the staff.

Room Tip: You want to have a good room? Go to another hotel ! This is my best advice.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Red B
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Travelling from California to florida and many states between in my rv,this was a great respite from some cold weather and bad hotels.Its a great looking building with large clean rooms that have a couch,great bed,wifi,micro,fridge,in room coffee as well as cont. breakfast. New granite counters and shower with nice fixtures and soft water.The carpet is clean to where I used a mat from my rv to not dirty it in the rain.I also smoke in which I hate getting "smoking rooms" but it did not smell or have all the trademark smokers signs ie burnt counters.Right off the I-10 and only $5 less than crap motel 6 during the week.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank don g
Dumas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

Upon arriving at the hotel to confirm my reservation and get my room, I was accused of stealing my credit card. You see, I had cancelled it to update my married name on a new card. However I had both my ID and bank statements to prove my identity and yet I had no luck. I was accused of stealing my card and was told that if I didn't have that very card (which I had shredded as soon as it became unusable) I would not be able to get a room. It was a hassle and very very frustrating. They did not even try to make an effort to help me in anyway and it was as if they were doing me a favor even speaking to me. If we hadn't of already paid for the nights, we would have gone somewhere else. But of course, we could not get a refund. I think that if they continue doing business like this they will have to close. A terrible experience. I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family