“My stay was Terrible.”

Knights Inn San Antonio Near AT&T Center
Ranked #270 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was not only disappointed with my stay I was shocked to see how terrible employees were treated. No woman who worked the front desk had any authority to help me with any issues I had. I was given the wrong room, moving me to the correct room should be simple enough But not at this days in. Breakfast was a joke. Day's old pastries were served along with cereal two kinds that someone's kids were nice enough to mix together. The box spring on the bed stayed in its plastic rapper so every morning we woke up we were sliding off the bed. We had a horrible nights sleep. I payed the hotel directly did not use any kind of online website and was not allowed to cancel my reservation I had to stay there 3 days. I am not done with this hotel I dont care who I have to call I will go all the way to the top. If that does not work maybe the news.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 23, 2013

AC half work. Keeps getting locked out of room. Have to Go to front desk a few times to get in room. Managers are awful. Swimming pool is disgusting also it looks as though no one ever cleans it.breakfast is okay but the maids don't clean room properly let's say you get what you pay for. Pictures they have on computer is nothing as the room your
getting.room was actually not cleaned because no one could get in room. Overall I will give this place a C-

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

1) A/C did not work. Noticed they had changed/were changing approx 8 units.
2) Carpets filthy
3) Dried urine on toilet
4) Shower not cleaned
5) No coffee supplies in room
6) Very limited breakfast items
7) Mattress not on bed frame
8) Items from previous occupants found (dried chili, 1 shoe)
Overall, this was not the most pleasnt experience I have had with a Days Inn

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked this hotel for week for my family because I was coming for my sons army graduation. I thought the pictures looked nice of the rooms and the pool. Well when I arrived I was extremely dissapointed. The building didn't exactly look as good as the picture but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and checked in. To my disappointment the room was absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't even let my dog sleep there. The room smelled moldy and old. The furniture had an inch of dust, the air conditioner didn't work, I lifted the sheets on the bed and the disgusting smell that came from the mattress gave me nausea and the disgusting yellow and brown stains on the mattress were just horrible. We went back to the front desk and explained to the man the conditions of the room and he understood because he must of known exactly how the room looked. He gave us another room on the other side of the hotel and it was just as horrible as the last room plus it smelled like they were smoking 20 cigarettes at once in there. We went again to the front desk and told him we couldn't stay there under those conditions and we wanted our money back. He said he could only give us what we paid minus one day. He kept almost $80 for the night even though he knew the conditions in which the rooms were in. Oh and the pictures on the site look nothing like their rooms including the front desk and no where did I see a pool. This place isn't even worth staying there for free. Save your time and money and book up the street at the Travelodge. They remodeled everything and their price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had to attend a training program for work, that was in the Brooks City area, on the southeast side of the town. I wanted to avoid the traffic hassles and decided to stay at a location on the east side of town. As a health and safety professional that travels alot, I wasn't impressed with the hotel. I have stayed in a lot worse, but take notice; there was a sign outside reported the hotel was under new management. I believe management is TRYING to improve the property. Areas of the hotel are actively being renovated. I had requested a King size non-smoking room, the room was recently repainted and appeared to have new carpeting, but sloppy with paint splatter on tile floors in bathroom areas. The furniture showed its age and older model TV. In general the room was okay, BUT I discovered a large dead beatle on the bathroom floor in the corner behind the toilet, and let the front desk know about it the first morning. I didn't make an effort to removed the beatle, testing to see how long it would remain there in the corner. When I checked out at the end of the week, the beatle was still THERE. Did I mention My profession, Health and Safety..... The towels were changed daily and trash dumped but No efforts to clean the room. The bed was comfortable. Internet speed was okay, since most of the hotel appeared vacant. I'm sure many would ask why I stayed if it was that bad, well with the long days in class and then evening study and planning meetings, (7 AM to 10-10:30 PM) each day I was just too tired to look. I Also believe that being that tired, the highway traffic noise didn't really bother me. The room had a microwave, minifridge and coffee pot, I didn't feel comfortable using the coffee pot. The morning free breakfast was very basic and skimpy. I have never before been at a location that cut all the various pastries/danish in half. to make it look like more food was placed out. The area had a taco stand open for breakfast and lunch only and a BBQ resturant that was ok but overpriced for the quanity of food, but that's another review. You need to travel for any resturants. I will be returning for more training in June and will plan on staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the highway for better sleep.