Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travel Inn(San Antonio)
View Hotel
Econo Inn Lackland(San Antonio)
View Hotel
All reviewsbmt graduationair force graduationclose to lackland air force basefront deskmilitary familiesbasic trainingpool and hot tubroom was cleanevery morningrecommend this hotelstay there againminute driveexcellent place to staystaff was extremely helpfuleasy accessbreakfast staffrecommend staying here
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2006

If you are able to get a good rate, this hotel is okay. It has its minor downsides. For example: towels aren't the bright white they should be and the hot water doesn't get very hot. It's not a Non-smoking hotel, therefore, you can detect some smoke in your NS room, the hallways are permeated with it. It's a Stairs-only hotel, so if you have physical limitations, be sure and point that out so as to get a ground level room. The restaurant downstairs is good. There tends to be a bit of noise, afterall Lackland AFB is directly across the highway so you do hear a bit of air traffic. Overall the staff is friendly at the
front desk and the restaurant as well. It's close to SeaWorld, downtown, convenience stores and restaurants.
The website driving instructions are confusing, call first and do Mapquest.... if you're not too picky about these little things, this place is perfect - it really is a nice, clean and comfortable hotel overall!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Victorianna_P
Reviewed November 11, 2006

Stayed 2 weeks for business trip, do not recommend this hotel.

The Good:
Restaurant: food was good and reasonably priced
Maid service was very good
Hotel personnel very friendly/helpful (see also security)
Had microwave/refrigerator
Close to Lackland AFB

The Bad:
Phone did not work
Alarm clock did not work
Room shower faucets did not work correctly in 2 rooms
I did not always have hot water when taking a shower
Hot lamp in bathroom did not work in 2 rooms
My room and my coworker’s room smelled horrible
First hotel that I’ve seen that has only ONE washer and dryer, and they charge you $1.25 to use it
Hotel location is not in a very nice location, I did not feel safe (On one side you get a view of a old “pay by the hour” motel, and on the other side you do have a nicer view of some trees)
Hotel bar over priced their drinks, for one rum&coke they charged us $6.50 and a can of beer was about $4. Found cheaper prices at bars on the Riverwalk downtown.

The Ugly:
Security: I lost my key to my room, went to the front desk (in military uniform) and all they asked was my name. Two days later my key would not work, so I went to the front desk (in civilian clothes) and all they asked me was what room are you in? I gave them my coworker’s room number and they gave me keys to her room. Also the back outside door to the hotel did not work and anyone could get in without a key. On the first night, my coworker called me at 10pm stating someone was at her door. I confronted the individual (pizza delivery guy) and he said he thought someone ordered some pizza from that room. He looked suspicious and his pizza carrier seemed to be larger than normal. On the same night about 30 min later one of the male hotel clerks knocked on her door telling her that the credit card she gave them did not work. Not sure if this was a coincidence, but it was surely odd and fishy. Both were surprised to see me come out of my room to confront them, instead of my coworker in her room.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank raf145
Reviewed April 6, 2006

Lesson #1...keep your receipts AND verify the rate at check in and check out.

Lesson #2...make sure you don't have to CHECK OUT. I haven't "checked out" of a hotel in 20 years. Just left the keys in the room, and go. This is where they decided to charge me for an extra night.

Lesson #4...When you call to complain, have them call you back. 30 minutes of long distance to straghten this out.

Now, none of this includes them accusing ME of making the reservation for 4 nights and then trying to say it was just 3 after I left. I did get MOST of my money back (less about $15).

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank unschoolermom
A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 31, 2006

This Hotel was very clean and the staff was excellent very accomodating, the Dining room staff and the food was great. I liked the friendly atmosphere.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed November 13, 2005

This place was absolutely horrible. The staff was barely able to speak English and when I couldn't understand them, they were very rude. I booked online and they wouldn't give me a refund for my money. The motel was obviously old and my room smelled like a mixture of wet dog and urine. It was apparent that somebody had brought in their pet. I complained and asked to be moved to another room, but they said they were full due to the Katrina victims. I had no other alternative but to stay, but after thinking it over, I would have rather slept in my car. I will never stay in this kind of establishment again. Maybe this will teach this motel to be nicer to its customers.

• Stayed: September 2005