“Great Property - Close to Lackland!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio)
Ranked #41 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great property with a new fresh look and very easy to get to Lackland Air Force Base, Downtown San Antonio and the Riverwalk, Seaworld and other sites. Staff is top notch and very accomodating. Would recommend to other families traveling to the ara for Air Force Basic Military Training graduation or other events at Lackland Air Force Base.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for sharing wonderfully comments on your recent at our Hotel. We will review your comments in our next Meeting. Sounds like you were able to relax and enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.

Safe Travels!
Akta

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Overall, the cleanliness of the rooms and location of the hotel is perfect for those that need access to the Air Force base, and not too far from the main attractions. The staff was friendly and courteous. However, their internet service needs a major update. Wifi signal was very weak and had trouble connecting and staying connected. This was my second time staying at this location so hopefully they resolve this issue soon. With that being said however, I would still recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a "nice" hotel for a decent price.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for sharing wonderfully comments on your recent at our Hotel. We will review your comments in our next Meeting. We apologize for the dissatisfaction about Internet. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Hope you will give us another chance.

Thank you.
Akta

Reviewed June 7, 2014

It bring terrible experience to me during my stay between 24th May and 26th May 2014.
My personal stuff are missing in the hotel and the hotel can not find it and called "911" for my angry with them. It is unbelievable.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frank G
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectatio

Reviewed May 21, 2014

When I made the booking it was Holiday Inn, by the time I arrived it Country Inn & Suites and construction and upgrades were in full swing.

The good news is Country Inn & Suites did have my reservation, so there was no issue here.
There were some minor distractions with the work crews, but all in all it was a pleasant.

The front desk went out of there way directions, suggestions and even made cookies for evening snakes.

The location was ideal, with several restaurants, gas stations and stores all within a two minute drive.

The hotel is right outside the airbase entrance. Didn't have the chance to use the wifi because we were on the go so much.

The only downside is there is no elevator for the upper floors.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay was and I would also like to "Thank you" for choosing us for your hotel needs. Hope to see you in future. Once again, Thank You

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Although hotel was in the middle of updates the only complaint about hotel itself was there is no elevator. Staff was great and being close to Lackland was great! The bed was comfortable & room was clean. It is not in the greatest area but I wanted close to Lackland. I would stay there again if I needed to. I have no doubt it will be very nice once all renovations are complete.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay was and I would also like to "Thank you" for choosing Country Inn & Suites Lackland for your hotel needs. Hope to see you in future. Once again, Thank You

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is in great need of updates. The toilet in our room had a movable seat, soiled bowl and dirty base. One lamp over the bed did not work, and the lamp by the chair had a very loose connection. The carpet was filthy. We found not having an elevator is a big pain. I must say the staff if great. Hotel Impossible needs to visit here. I think the owner feels he/she may have a captive audience due to the proximity to Lackland. This attitude is not acceptable because they are serving military families. I would rather have driven further. The area here is awful, not safe and nothing near if you miss meal time. Staff is great...really.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs make sure you request first floor!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear rnlmcs,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My family stayed here January 29 - February 3. First and most important this hotel is in a very unsafe area. There is industrial type buildings, with barbed wire and guard dogs at night, surrounding this hotel. All the adjacent buildings are tagged with graffiti and spray paint. My son drove 2 blocks away to a convenience store and the lady there told him he should not be alone because of his race. Which is "White". Lock your car doors and don't leave anything of value in your car. If I had to redo this I would stay in San Antonio by the Riverwalk. Much nicer hotels, although we were approached about half dozen times by beggars asking for money.

This Holiday Inn is about 1.5 miles from base but you will take 2 highways to get there. Impossible and unsafe to walk. The hotel itself is basic and in desperate need of renovations. Our bathroom door didn't close. The toilet seat had a broken bolt and moved from side to side. The shower would leak water all over the bathroom floor. The bathroom has toilet and tub/shower combo and you can't sit on the toilet and close the door without hitting your knees. The sink and mirror are in the room. We had an ironing board but no iron. The a/c worked good. Get a room in the front of the hotel or else you will hear traffic noise from the highways behind the hotel. The hotel is two stories and does not have an elevator. You will need to carry your luggage. The restaurant closed Sunday night at 8 although the sign says 9pm. The food is good but a limited menu. Breakfast is open Thursdays and Fridays at 5:30. It is not free. Actually it is quite pricey. I had juice, coffee, and typical eggs, bacon, etc. The bill was $17.95. The lounge is only open from 5 - 9, except Sunday. It closes at 8 Sundays. The drinks are complimentary and well prepared. In the room there were evidence of repairs...mismatched paint, peeling wall paper trim, flat screen tv that is very blurry. Free wifi that worked fine. The pool was too cold to go in. The hot tub had all broken jets. There is nice music and lounge chairs in the courtyard. Actually the courtyard was the best part of this hotel.

On the good side, the staff was wonderful. Everyone of them! We met several families staying there and had nice conversations in the courtyard.

I'm sure the owners of this hotel makes a substantial profit from BMT families (I can't see anyone else staying here). They should definitely invest in renovations.

Since I have no reason to return to San Antonio, I would not ever be staying in this hotel. My advice - bring a Rottweiler for protection and make sure he never leaves your side, although don't think this hotel allows dogs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank toes-n-sand
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear toes-n-sand,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D