“Awesome staff & clean rooms...convenient location toy Lackland AFB!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio)
Ranked #36 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Traveling all the way from the Western Pacific to attend my son's BMT Graduation at Lackland AFB, I have to say that we felt welcomed and at home with the friendliness and courtesy provided by the staff. I met some wonderful people that I hope to continue keeping in touch with. I would like to especially thank Ms. Jaime, an awesome lady and one that could serve up some awesome drinks at the bar/lounge at the hotel. Keep up the great services and friendly smiles! I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2013
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Hope you will stay with us when you are visiting. We will share comments with Jaime.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

To say that I travel a lot for work is an understatement. I have traveled/stayed in about 1/2 the states in the US and have also traveled abroad in Spain and France. I almost exclusively stay at IHG properties, Intercontinentals, Crown Plaza's, HI and HI Expresses. Without a doubt, the HI Lackland had the friendliest staff I have ever encountered!! They were all pleasant beyond expectation and so very helpful. Every question I had was answered, every request was honored-and quickly! I would recommend this property to anyone visiting the San Antonio area, especially if visiting friends/family at Lackland AFB which is right around the corner! Its a winner!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor (my preference) right across from the pool/whirlpool area which is lit u...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your review, we will convey your message to our entire staff! We hope that we see you again soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Everyone who works here was excellent. The staff was helpful and so friendly, they really love their BMT graduates. Especially Yvette who made up our room and made sure we were taken care of, she is really sweet. The proximity to the base is excellent and very easy and convenient. Thank you all for making our visit so great!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bret W
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing wonderfully comments on your recent at our Hotel. We will review your comments in our next Meeting. Sounds like you were able to relax and enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

After having issues with the airline the staff treated my family and I like priority members (which we are). They went above and beyond to make sure our trip was a success while in their establishment.

Very close and convenient to Lackland AFB, recommend for any BMT Graduation

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe M

Thank you for sharing wonderfully comments on your recent at our Hotel. We will review your comments in our next Meeting. Sounds like you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff is wonderful. Our room was clean. The bathroom is a bit small. It is very close to the base so that is a plus. The area around is not great but you dont spend much time there. I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience. I'm glad you had a great stay hopefully you can return soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I chose this hotel for it's convenient location to Lackland AFB. I was there for my son's graduation from Basic Military Training (BMT). At first glance I could tell the property was well maintained. Upon check-in I was greeted by 2 wonderful clerks. They welcomed me with a warm smile and engaged me in a small conversation. My room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable with your choice of soft or firm pillows. There's a microfridge in every room. They do have some rooms with a full kitchen and separate bedroom. I was there for 5 nights. Upon my return of the day's activities the room had been cleaned as if I was just checking in again. The hotel has a bar and restaurant but I did not utilize neither of them, not because of anything wrong, but because of prior plans. I also had a chance to speak to Ramona, whom if I remember correctly, is a Sales Rep. She greeted me in the lobby as I was leaving one morning. We had a conversation about my stay and why I was there. She congratulated me along with the rest of the staff. This is a wonderful place stay, if for nothing but the warm atmosphere. I totally enjoyed and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Though there are only 2 Floors, there are no elevators. So if you can't climb stairs you may wan...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank awduncan1
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to share your experience. Sounds like you had a great stay.We will share with our Staff during Staff meeting.

Akta Patel, General Manager

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here for BMT graduation. Our room was pleasant and clean, the pillows and mattress were very comfortable. The staff was incredibly friendly. I would stay here again if a visit to Lackland AFB came up again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. Keep that in mind.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MelissaMC13
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lackland AFB (San Antonio), responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Akta Patel, General Manager