“good stay at a great price”

Travelodge San Antonio Lackland A F B
Ranked #220 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great value! I stayed three nights for my Nephews BMT Graduation. Room is clean and Comfortable. Has a Nice size in room fridge. Bed was comfy. Continental breakfast was adequate. Very close to Lackland AFB. Pool was very clean and there is a small grill and pic nick table pool side. Very quiet at night.
The Staff was awesome! Room cleaned every day, Plenty of fresh towels and Coffee. Owner was so nice and even let me use his pc to check in to my flight the next day and print my boarding passes...Thanks Sunny!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Melodie S
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Well I have to start by saying that I am glad that this whole event has been documented from day one at 3:55pm Central Time. Here is my story:
Upon arrival at my final destination I was greeted kindly; however as I continue to check in, there were some details I noticed I didn't like, he asked me for CASH to pay for the 4 days in advance, I said I have no cash, I did used a debit card, and immediately he charged me
$ 261.00 which I signed a document that I didn't even read as part of check in. (in the document the only thing I noticed was a fine for 300.00 a pet, which we didn't have and secondly he asked me if I had a rental (car) don't know why he asked but had write down license plate, procedure I'm aware ) As he handed us the keys, my family started going to the assigned room I believe it was 116, to my dismay, I noticed the strong pungent fragrance they were using the the room, as I continue to the bathroom the toilet water tank was cracked from corner to corner, to cover it up they had put a plastic flower arrangement, my family were taking the luggage out of the car, and I sit on the bed to remove my shoes, there is when I realized we shouldn't have stayed, including the comforter on the bed, sheets they were extremely filthy dingy and didn't even smell clean, they had a piece of wood hanging on the wall covered with a black cloth, big enough to hold the flat screen TV that was connected to an extension cord (strip cord) a lamp was also connected to this. The door had a gap so big that a lizard or any other rodent could get in. Within 5-7 min after we've been in the room we decide that we cannot stay in that facility, I stayed in the room making a claim to your Corporate office, gladly reporting that personal I spoke to were quite helpful and were documenting our conversation, her name was Loretta and the other representative was Lynn,I cannot recall the other girl I spoke to. The Manager at the hotel refuse to give us a refund on the next 3 nights, I understand the charge for that day due to not cancelling 24hr. in advance. Manager treated us very rude and would not hear our reason for leaving. In fact I asked his assistant to go back to the room with us, so we could give him the remote for the tv and to check the room out leaving it in the same conditions we have found it. He did understand our decision for leaving, nonetheless he said: I may not have a job tomorrow :-(
The Manager was also very unkind/rude with his assistant at one point when his assistant wanted to say something the Manager yelled to him: "YOU SHUT UP, YOU KNOW NOTHING!!" That alone displays poor leadership.
Needless to say we didn't stay at all, and, as of this moment I have not received refund on my debit for the amount charged, minus $55.99 for the day we arrived..
I travel so many times and I've been quite satisfied all the time with TRAVEL LODGE and your affiliates this is my first confrontation of any sort.

Rest assured on your behalf, I did asked 2 other persons that had stayed at the same facility previously, they said, that for what they paid they were satisfied..

I thank your Costumer Service at Corporate level for their patience and showing concern of my problem..
I trust in your speedy respond and solution to my problem.
Any other questions please feel free to contact me in the same matter.

Best Regards,
Veronica Garcia

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank VERONICA G
Sunny S, Manager at Travelodge San Antonio Lackland A F B, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, we did refund your money already. Stay with us again, our rooms are very clean and will remain clean and pristine. Have a nice day.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We needed a cheap stay ... we probably could have done better, but we were in a hurry, and wanted something as close as possible to where a party was being held. It was the closest hotel we could find on the web.

The room was cleaned well, sheets were crisp, and everything dusted. So no worries there.
I was almost surprised by crisp clean sheets, since the decor was old and very dated and mismatched. It looks like at some point someone tried to decorate, but the budget must have been about $80.

Not a bad stay - but don't expect it to be pretty.

Room Tip: Avoid the soda machines and stairs 111-116, and probably the 211-216.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked this hotel for my son's Air Force graduation but left after 45 minutes! I had contacted hotel directly to confirm my stay. Once I got there the price was increased by $12 per night. The room was unsanitary with numerous flies. We immediately went back to office to complain but got nowhere. Told them we would not be staying but were still charged for one night (only in room for 25 min!) the rest of our money was not refunded for over a week. We ended up at Holiday Inn with a wonderful staff and room. Buyer beware.. The $15 a night I thought I would save was not worth it! We went to San Antonio to see our son graduate from Air Force basic training . The experience with our son was great!! The Travelodge was not!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked 2 rooms for 5 nights. Upon arrival we checked-in and were given 2 TV remote controls (60 dollar fee for each if not returned) which should've been our first indication that this place was sketchy. Our rooms were not near each other as requested and smelled of smoked, dirty towels, dead crickets, dingy lighting. My skin crawled, the neighborhood was dangerous looking and we left 20 minutes later. We tried to get a refund, but the "wonderful manager" Sunny Singh was never available, we Lost our money. Now that I saw with my own eyes the conditions of these rooms, don't believe the great reviews (i.e. better than the hilton, smell like new) no way the reviews match the experience. Not what I expected at all. If you go to Lackland for BMT graduation stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Sub-par motel.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tony M
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I read the reviews and the first one was bad but others were good so I thought we would try it since it was such a great rate. We're really glad we did! It was so quiet and peaceful! The room was very large and clean. There were so many plug outlets, which we never have enough of for all our gadgets! It's not a resorty kind of place if that's what you're looking for, but it's really very satisfactory and although we didn't swim, the pool looked sparkling clean. The staff is also very nice, the continental breakfast will do, and the internet is good.

Room Tip: We were there off season so it was very quiet, even close to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple