“Do Not Stay!”

Ranked #208 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Baldwin
“Do Not Stay!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked 2 rooms for 5 nights. Upon arrival we checked-in and were given 2 TV remote controls (60 dollar fee for each if not returned) which should've been our first indication that this place was sketchy. Our rooms were not near each other as requested and smelled of smoked, dirty towels, dead crickets, dingy lighting. My skin crawled, the neighborhood was dangerous looking and we left 20 minutes later. We tried to get a refund, but the "wonderful manager" Sunny Singh was never available, we Lost our money. Now that I saw with my own eyes the conditions of these rooms, don't believe the great reviews (i.e. better than the hilton, smell like new) no way the reviews match the experience. Not what I expected at all. If you go to Lackland for BMT graduation stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Sub-par motel.
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tony M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I read the reviews and the first one was bad but others were good so I thought we would try it since it was such a great rate. We're really glad we did! It was so quiet and peaceful! The room was very large and clean. There were so many plug outlets, which we never have enough of for all our gadgets! It's not a resorty kind of place if that's what you're looking for, but it's really very satisfactory and although we didn't swim, the pool looked sparkling clean. The staff is also very nice, the continental breakfast will do, and the internet is good.

Room Tip: We were there off season so it was very quiet, even close to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed a total four days for a graduation @ Lackland, AFB (August 30, 2012 – Sept 01, 2012). We were shocked to discover that the hotel is located behind a used car lot -- the microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker were possibly manufactured in 1999 or early 2000. The sheets on the bed were ripped, only changed the first day and never again during our stay. I refused to eat the free breakfast because the area looked like it was only large enough to accommodate a family of four and I honestly didn't think it was sanitary. The lamps were dusty and moldy---the shower head was filthy and the bathroom smelled like urine! The only plus was the high-definition television in the room and on the last day we were finally able to connect to the free Wi-Fi. The only reason why we remained at the hotel is because it was graduation weekend, we could not find any other vacancies and I would have lost all or part of the payment.
I can honestly say, I will NEVER return.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor = noise the guests above you!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sunny S, Manager at Travelodge San Antonio Lackland A F B, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are tackling more of these cases and will ensure that people will not experience the same thing again. We will work hard to make this place even better. Thank you.
lehigh acres, fl
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Extremely friendly staff. Very clean, recently renovated rooms, fast internet and a great proximity to the Selfridge gate at Lackland AFB. Here for a graduation. Inside and out this a great place to stay and the value is excellent. I was unable to find any negatives.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor by the office, you can get a glimpse of the planes landing at the AFB. Eve...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First off the location of this place is just perfect. Its not too far, or to close to the downtown area. Walking in to the check in counter I was happily greeted by the manager, who had a very friendly smile. Walking into my room you could already tell it was very clean. It had the "new room smell" and the beds were made nice and neat. Clean towels were hung in the restroom for after showeres. My family and I quickly unpacked our items and headed out for the day. Coming back to the room I could see that the beds were made nice and neat again, since my children had messed up the beds. The wi-fi speeds were amazingly fast, I got to skype call my parents and told them how we were doing. No internet drops or anything. The beds there were just comfortable I knew I would have a goodnight sleep. The morning we went down to a delicious continental breakfast which was free. Then took my family to a morning swim. The pool was crystal clear and was safe for the famiy, and very relaxing to get away from the heat. Leaving the hotel I gave the manager a warm goodbye, and told him I would come back next vacation down to San Antonio. Amazing service, clean rooms, fun for the family. I would recomend staying here anyone who plans on coming to San Antonio!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lewis
Reviewed August 4, 2012

So I walk in to the check in counter and I am greeted by a very friendly man, whom i assume is the manager, and his charming son. I was swiftly checked in with no complications, after which I went to my room and was instantly comforted by the atmosphere of the room. During my entire three day stay, the staff had shown their only concern was to be as friendly and accommodating as they could be, keeping my room as clean and aromatic as the day I checked in. My mornings were made pleasant by the free breakfast the hotel provides, which was filling and delicious. after a long day of travelling around town, it was a great relief to take a dip in the pool, which was clean every time I swam, and escape from the heat. Being from a military family, it was nice to be so conviently near the Lackland Airforce Base, a convenience I took great advantage of. Alas, all great vacations must end, and I found my departure to be just as pleasant as my arrival. The Manager, who went by the name Sunny, had given me a warm farewell and made me feel welcome to stay at the Travelodge again soon!(Which I plan to!) I must that all in all, the Travelodge San Antonio Lackland was anything but lacking! I would recommend staying here to all my family and friends! Kudos to this magnificent hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get a non-smoking room near the pool for it is a very nice retreat from the San Antonio heat...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The location to Lackland Air Force Base was good, but almost everything else about this property was well below average. The desk help was questionable and not helpful, don't bother with the breakfast...it is disgusting, the internet didn't work, the room was dirty (a dusty pointsetta was on the dresser for decor and it wasn't Christmas), somone else's toys and socks were found in the corner of the room, there was something "crusty" on the bedspread, when I set my towel on the rack in the bathroom it fell off the wall.... I think you get the picture. Don't stay here unless you have no other choice!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family