“Tiring!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cedar Creek Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: A challenging municipal course.
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Back when I was playing golf in high school, we would play a first round. We had to walk and carry our own golf bags. Thus each time I played a first round, I would wind up tired and would struggle going back up the steep path to the lobby. It was almost like hiking or climbing up a hill.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

Played Cedar Creek recently. Great layout. Enjoyed the rolling terrain. Played in just under 4 1/2 hours on a busy Saturday morning. For $50, I felt I got my money's worth. GPS in the carts is a nice feature.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

This used to be a great little hidden treasure, nice scenic course at $30 a pop. The city has turned the management over, and jacked the prices considerable. Today, for $52 you get a goat track. Groups going off about every 6 minutes (discouraging to see two groups ahead of you ON the hole.) GPS on the carts hasn't worked in 10 months, greens are absolutely horrible. Pace of play is right on 5 hours every weekend day. Rangers can be seen up on the hills talking on their cell phone in their carts, while the death march goes on below. This was not a one time deal for me. This course has just gone steadily downhill for the past two years since the management change. Use to be able to just kick back and say, well its $30. Now through neglect its a $20 course charging over $50. My advice is to search around a little more. For the money you can find much, much better golf. A real shame, but this course is over. To top it all off, the city let developers strip the trees from all the land around the course. Where it use to be wooded, you now have views of expanses of gravel. Pitiful.

2  Thank ccjay
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Cedar Creek Golf Course is well above average and is fairly challenging. If you're not a below 100 golfer, I do not recommend the course. The course plays much more slowly than it needs to and the new management team needs to hire marshals to help speed up play. In general, the new management has improved the actual course but has failed at actually managing reservations and pace of play. The course should not take five hours plus to play, not even on the weekends and certainly not during the week..

1  Thank HenryP12
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed December 9, 2003

I agree the course is a great golf course. However, the staff namely the head pro lacks much to desire.