“Disappointing”

The Grill at Leon Springs
Ranked #175 of 4,622 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Cross street: Boerne Stage Road
Buffalo, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Maybe it was because we had a larger group (about 10) but I was not impressed with this restaurant and would not likely return with so many other good restaurants around. My entree of a filet and potatoes was served COLD. When another guest at the table noticed I was not eating and we mentioned it to a server they took care of it right away but the next plate only minutes later I received had a weird taste to it. Everyone else seemed pleased with their food so maybe it was just a fluke. The manager or owner was around constantly and the service was good. I just did not have a great experience.

Visited April 2013

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Excellent in every way and definitely on my top list of favorites!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited the restaurant for dinner for the first time last night, and it was a wonderful experience. I'm not sure I could think of something they needed to improve. You are greeted warmly when you arrive, the atmosphere, decor, and layout of the restaurant are wonderful, the service was excellent, and the food was superb from beginnng to end. They also have a great Happy Hour which I plan to try.

Columbus, Ohio
“So This is What Food is Supposed to Taste Like”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants!! As I understand, the specials on the menu change daily dependent on the chef, and they are always amazing and dependent on the flavors that are ripe for the season. It can get busy, so if you plan to eat there for an evening on the weekend, I recommend a reservation! The atmosphere is dark and romantic, although it can just be a great place to have dinner with friends too. The service is great and makes you feel pampered. Not a place I bring my kids for it can get pricey and their idea of good food often revolves around chicken nuggets.

• Visited July 2012
Kerrville, Texas
“A New Favorite”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have driven past this resturant many times and did not realize that it was there. Invited by friends from Comfort, Tx. it was a nice surprise. For those familiar with the area it is located in the old Macaroni Grill building just next door to Rudy's BBQ at Leon Springs. There is vallet parking if you do not want to fight to find a spot. Without a reservation on the weekend you should get there early for dinner,especially if you want ourdoor seating. This is also where all the action is. We did not have reservation and were also surprised to find out there would be 7 in our group instead of the 4 as planned. We were lucky and found a small table in the bar while waiting to be seated. The wait was not very long, maybe 20 minutes which was surprising because the place was pack, inside and out. The menu states European Cuisine Insipred by the Texas Hill Country. I found it to be mainly Italian and Sea Food. Wonderful appetizers, salads that are huge, fire grilled pizza's, many pasta dished and sea food selections. Complementary hot bread and olive oil dipping sauce. While we did not indulge the dessert menu looked wonderful. If you have never had a Mexican Martini I strongly suggest trying one, if find them way better than a margarita. The sangria was nice too. Everything was great right up to the end when we began to smell sewer. They apologized extensively and sprayed some deoderizer but being outdoors it really didn't help. They said they are waiting on the city to redo the sewer system. It will not keep us from returning or suggesting to everyone, we will just no sit at the back near the fireplace of the patio.

San Antonio, Texas
“High quality from start to finish”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of our usual Fri. eve spots was packed, so armed with a Groupon and dressed in jeans and t-shirts, we headed out I-10 to The Grill at Leon Springs.

It was still early enough to get a table without a rez and we were seated in the "candle" room (no white tablecloths) and our waiter, Roger, arrived promptly. His service throughout the evening was exemplary.

We ordered fish tacos (with a delicious aioli) for an appetizer; for dinner I ordered crab cakes and my husband ordered one of the evening specials, quail with a jalapeno, cheddar, and sausage stuffing. The food was nothing short of excellent.

Although we had little room, the warm chocolate fondant was highly recommended and we decided to split one, however after it arrived we had dueling spoons -- if I were planning a "fantasy dinner," this surely would be the dessert. I could wax poetic for several paragraphs here but suffice it to say this silky delight alone was worth the trip.

Often after we've "grouponed" a restaurant I know that my husband isn't interested in returning. Not this time. We'll be back.