“June 1”

$65.00*
Half Day San Antonio Morning Grand Historic Tour
Ranked #79 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: A sports arena in downtown San Antonio that hosts professional football, basketball, soccer and skating events.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a lady in a wheelchair with us and when we asked if there were handicap parking she said absolutely not. We had to pick her up and down the sidewalk to finally meet hundreds of steps till somebody told us about the ramp. Then when I got in walked all around the dome looking to get to the floor - each person I asked was wrong. Finally found it then to be told that I had the wrong band on. Had to go back up the stairs and stand in another long line. Finally getting to my seat concert started way before I got out of the line. Then to be rushed by a multitude of fans standing in front of you - made it difficult to see. I paid good money to be able to see the concert not to see the back of somebodys' head or shoulders. Security could not stop them. Then to have the supervisor come down to talk to the people and he got cussed out and threatend. Horrible.

1  Thank Patricia C
There are newer reviews for Alamodome

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Like the previous reviews we also attended the George Strait concert. Mr. Strait put on an excellent show, however our seats were terrible. We sat in the upper section of the 100 level and were not able to see anything but the stage due to a large overhang from the level above. We could not see the large screens over the stage and the sound was very muffled. We could hear the music okay but when there was any speaking we were unable to understand what was being said. It would have been nice if we were advised that the view from these seats was impaired by the overhang then we would have been able to make a better decision about our seat location. We were extremely disappointed since we flew from Oregon and paid a small fortune to attend this concert.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

As the others went to the Alamodome for the George Strait concert. First we were told by the trolly driver taking us to the concert that he was going to the Alamodome he said yes. He dropped us at the front of the Hemispere Park. This is about 10 blocks away from the Alamodome. Then after the concert there was only Bus Transpotation which had probably 20,000 people waiting for them.. Trolly service shuts down at 11:30 and no taxis. This looked like something out of a movie thousands and thousands of people walking into the downtown area back to there hotels. We had to walk about 3 miles back to our hotel because we could not find a taxi or a bus that could take us. Worst of all we finally saw a couple of cops and ask where this street was and the policemen could not even tell us where this street was in downtown. That is bad when a policeman cannot give 3 women directions back to a hotel at midnight. We finally found our street after us 3 women walked through some pretty bads areas of downtown. For the City of San Antonio you need to step up and learn how to get big events transportation under control. The City will be having NBA Finals next week and i feel sorry for all going to this because of your transportation.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Really like the ease of getting around this place, inside and out. The police did a great job of clearing the traffic and keep the flow moving.
We went to the George Strait concert and the sound was really good. My biggest complaint was the too small screens to view the stage, or sport event that would be going on. I've never seen such a small viewing screen at a stadium/arena.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was there to see the George Strait concert and that will be the ONLY good thing about my experience. I paid a little over 130-150$ for my ticket and sat in section 125 row 35. I was already upset with the fact not many vendors were accepting debit but only cash but figured my seats would make me get over something that should have been small, big slap in the face. We were only able to see the screen on stage not the Big screen which i guess is made more for upper level. row 34 and below was able to at least see both screens so I could get a close up glimpse if I DUCKED my head below to see from the other row. there were some small screens in front of us that may have been nice IF THEY WERE TURNED ON but nope, I DO NOT RECOMMEND purchising tickets if you are planning to sit in these seats unless you have the best 20/20 vision I would just pay to sit in upperlevel for a cheaper price. George straits voice did make me tahnkful and IF he ever does come in concert again I hope he rethinks doing it at the alamodome. on another note their wifi is horrible ate up my battery which caused me not to get to many pictures and after an hr wait to get a soda in their sovenier cup the soda was carbonated.