“Transportation after a large event at alamodome”
Review of Alamodome

$96.89*
Downtown San Antonio Helicopter Tour
Ranked #81 of 265 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: A sports arena in downtown San Antonio that hosts professional football, basketball, soccer and skating events.
waxahachie
“Transportation after a large event at alamodome”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

As the others went to the Alamodome for the George Strait concert. First we were told by the trolly driver taking us to the concert that he was going to the Alamodome he said yes. He dropped us at the front of the Hemispere Park. This is about 10 blocks away from the Alamodome. Then after the concert there was only Bus Transpotation which had probably 20,000 people waiting for them.. Trolly service shuts down at 11:30 and no taxis. This looked like something out of a movie thousands and thousands of people walking into the downtown area back to there hotels. We had to walk about 3 miles back to our hotel because we could not find a taxi or a bus that could take us. Worst of all we finally saw a couple of cops and ask where this street was and the policemen could not even tell us where this street was in downtown. That is bad when a policeman cannot give 3 women directions back to a hotel at midnight. We finally found our street after us 3 women walked through some pretty bads areas of downtown. For the City of San Antonio you need to step up and learn how to get big events transportation under control. The City will be having NBA Finals next week and i feel sorry for all going to this because of your transportation.

Houston, Texas
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Nice concert venue”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Really like the ease of getting around this place, inside and out. The police did a great job of clearing the traffic and keep the flow moving.
We went to the George Strait concert and the sound was really good. My biggest complaint was the too small screens to view the stage, or sport event that would be going on. I've never seen such a small viewing screen at a stadium/arena.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Horrible seating for the price Section 125 row 35”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was there to see the George Strait concert and that will be the ONLY good thing about my experience. I paid a little over 130-150$ for my ticket and sat in section 125 row 35. I was already upset with the fact not many vendors were accepting debit but only cash but figured my seats would make me get over something that should have been small, big slap in the face. We were only able to see the screen on stage not the Big screen which i guess is made more for upper level. row 34 and below was able to at least see both screens so I could get a close up glimpse if I DUCKED my head below to see from the other row. there were some small screens in front of us that may have been nice IF THEY WERE TURNED ON but nope, I DO NOT RECOMMEND purchising tickets if you are planning to sit in these seats unless you have the best 20/20 vision I would just pay to sit in upperlevel for a cheaper price. George straits voice did make me tahnkful and IF he ever does come in concert again I hope he rethinks doing it at the alamodome. on another note their wifi is horrible ate up my battery which caused me not to get to many pictures and after an hr wait to get a soda in their sovenier cup the soda was carbonated.

College Station, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE!~”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were there for the George Strait show. Horrible directions by THREE staff members had us fighting crowds like cattle in a stampede for a total of 2 wristbands, a VIP necklace and getting tickets stamped. It was ridiculous. We paid $500 for seats, and security on the floor was HORRIBLE. Way understaffed. people blocking aisles. We will NEVER go to a show there if there is anyway around it.

Visited May 2013
Blanco, TX
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Welcome to my first bad review of any establishment, ever….”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We attended the George Strait concert last night at the Alamodome. We purchased tickets on the Club Level (2nd floor), which were not inexpensive to say the least, but I splurged a little hoping it might be a little more comfortable. I had heard for weeks that the Alamodome was sold out for the event with 70,000+ attending the concert but the staff and facility seemed blissfully unaware and completely caught off guard when the crowds showed up demanding beverages and restroom facilities. After waiting an hour and half to purchase t-shirts I was really in need of a beverage and the ladies room facilities, the first which had a 30 minute long wait and the latter having over an HOUR wait. I had already completely missed Martina McBride waiting for the shirts (granted my choice but I really wanted to get my husband a souvenir t-shirt) and I was not about to miss Miranda Lambert as well. Out of complete desperation I and three other ladies decided the Men’s room was our only hope other than another hour in a very long and slow moving line (not exaggerating). Utilizing the men’s room was a very unpleasant experience and the guys didn’t seem to appreciate it much either. And you’d better make it count because that line did not go down during the remainder of the event. Everything in the dome became dirty including the restrooms, the credit card machines didn’t work at most places (I was very fortunate to have cash) and I started to think about the people stuck in the Carnival Cruise ship. The beer was warm (they didn’t seem to have the coolers on hand to keep up with the purchases). Since we had been there four+ hours (it started at 5:30 so we arrived about 5:00ish) we tried to purchase food to absorb the warm beer. Somehow even covered in a weird bbq sauce of some sort the turkey leg appeared a very weird grey color and the fries were cold, undercooked and obviously greasy. I sent them back immediately and settled on nachos reasoning even these guys couldn’t ruin chips and canned cheese. They may have 72,000 seats but they do not have the facilities to even somewhat comfortably accommodate the same number of people. I have to say this was a complete fail on the part of the Alamodome and I feel confident I will avoid attending any event being held there in the future.