“Amazing!”
Review of Mission San Juan

Mission San Juan
Ranked #45 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Franciscan Mission established in 1731 and an historical attraction along the Mission Trail in San Antonio.
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute addition to our trip and we were so glad we went. Go to the visitor center first. Watch the free video and take the free guided tour. We started out on our own but abandoned that idea quickly. We learned way more through our tour guide. Then we went back and took the pictures we wanted afterward. This mission is very beautiful and it is not crowded at all like the alamo. It is beautiful!

There are newer reviews for Mission San Juan

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is the second to last if you start the mission trail near San Antonio. It is yet another beautiful mission and again a smaller one which does feel more intimate than the larger ones like San Jose. We like the fact that so many of the Missions are active parishes. only The Alamo isn't. We almost didn't head down to the last Mission Espada, as we were running out of time before closing but we did which we were extremely pleased about as it is very lovely and worth the drive and the time.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you are driving down the mission trail, first would be the Alamo, then Mission Concepcion, Mission San Jose, Mission San Juan, The Espada Aquaduct, and finally Mission Espada. Or the opposite order if you are starting from the south.
This one is not as large or as great as the others further North, but I'm still glad I stopped by. The church at this one is not open to the public, or at least it wasn't when I visited. The church is a beautiful white church though so it does look different than the others.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Evidently, this mission was the most "self-sustaining" of all the San Antonio missions. We really enjoyed our visit here. I was happy when my family agreed to walk the trail behind the mission with me. It is nice back there and the trail takes you right beside the San Antonio River. Being from Atlanta, we all got a kick out of just seeing a cactus here and there in the woods. Definitely reminded us how far away from home we were!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Again like the other missions this is a must see while in San. Antonio. It is free but it is is a good idea to pay a small donation. Took about an hour to walk. Great photos. The church is beautiful and is open to the public. There is a trail which I couldnt get anyone in my family to try.