The Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$22.49*
and up
The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum and Texas Ranger...
$42.11*
and up
San Antonio Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour, River Cruise, and Tower of the...
$99.99*
San Antonio Gold Pass
Ranked #34 of 267 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For over 135 years, The Buckhorn Saloon has been known as a gathering place for good conversation, great food and spectacular wildlife exhibits. Explore the animal halls and prepare yourself for a truly immersive adventure. Practice your sharp shooting skills in our Toepperwein Shooting Gallery and explore over 500 different animals from around the world. The Texas Ranger Museum houses Texas Ranger artifacts including antique revolvers, automatic handguns, shotguns, badges, photographs and much more. Sip a refreshing drink as you stroll through the 33,000 square feet of artifacts from Texas history. Don't forget to grab a bite of lunch in our Cafe and pick up some souvenirs in our gift shop! The Cafe is open daily for lunch from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Both museums open daily at 10:00 AM. Call for exact closing times. Summer hours 10AM to 9PM. Off season hours vary. Located two blocks from the Alamo and one block from the Riverwalk, The Buckhorn Saloon and Museum and Texas Ranger Museum have something for everyone!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Found the texas rangers part very interesting but the rest of it was just to many dead animals for my taste. The bar was large and surprised at being able to enter the museum with drinks.

1  Thank Nosassenach

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I took a one night trip to San Antonio for our Anniversary. During the day we went to the Buckhorn Saloon and had a blast! They have a full bar and museum. You get to grab a beer or whatever and walk around the museum checking out all the fun facts about the Texas Rangers and tons of fun animals to see. Plan to spend a few hours here, there are so many things to read and look at.

1  Thank Ashley1413
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Definately intriguing from outside, and there was a fairly sexy character actor who looked like Billy the Kid or somebody..he definately persuaded me to go in by scaring me to death when I thought he was just a statue! Cool history, my burger was pretty delicious and I was actually surprisingly interested in the museum even though I have no ties to Texas

1  Thank Jaimey V
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My first thought upon entering this place was that it was pretty expensive for a museum and pretty much accepted I may have been sucked into another tourist trap. Not the case. The lobby area is also a restaurant and bar. Didn't get a chance to try the food, but did get a beer which you can take throughout most of the museum. (Fairly priced.) The museum has three parts. A lot of taxidermy in one (all different animals), a mystery-house type attraction in one part, and a texas ranger museum in another. (A lot of old guns which I found interesting.) Our favorite was the mystery house/sideshow section which I wasn't even aware existed. A lot of fun stuff involving optical illusions and whatnot. The whole family had some good laughs here and took pictures of the stuff that could be captured by camera. We spent at least two and a half hours here, maybe more. I'd definitely recommend checking this place out. It was one of my favorite attractions in San Antonio. ***There are coupons available so look for them.***

1  Thank rayandgabby
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The location is great for the Riverwalk area with historic vibe. Service was quick and food was better than typical bar quality. The shop had unique Texas gifts. The Buckhorn is worth the time.

1  Thank TravelerDavidfromGA
Tyler20, General Manager at The Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback on The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum and Texas Ranger Museum. We work very hard to maintain a historic presence in our museum, while also appealing to all age groups. We also strive to provide our guests with unique and one-of-a-kind gifts in our gift shop. Thank you for noticing and appreciating our efforts.

Yvonne Pedigo