Book In Advance

from $52.99
from $37.89
from $15.00
21,873 results
All reviews boat ride lots of restaurants people watching street level christmas lights nice walk both sides water taxi the pearl downtown area great place to visit walk around boats ducks taxis trees barge
Reviewed yesterday

just a pleasant way to spend the evening or afternoon meet nice people locals just so friendly polite and lovely. A very quirky place lots to see beautiful greenery FABULOUS PLACE.

Reviewed yesterday

The area is small very crowded and all there really is is some small shops and restaurants that are way overpriced. Some of the areas of the walk are very dark and a few homeless people asking for money.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

San Antonio has done a fantastic job of making the River Walk a nice experience. Plenty of restaurants to choose from and several shops. The shops on the river walk are very touristy but just off the river walk you can find Art galleries and more unique shops. We felt very safe day and night. There were some beggars/homeless along the walk.

Reviewed yesterday

My wife and I stopped in San Antonio on our way to visit family. The reason we stopped is that my wife lived there for time.
The River walk is an ok thing to do to kill sometime. They turned an area downtown into a tourist magnet. There is not much besides restaurants, shops and the river. It can be accessed in several locations throughout the downtown area. There are exits marked with the historical sites nearby. There are river boat cruises which we did not do. We were there on an October weekday in the afternoon. So it was not crowded. But I can see that it could easily get congested.

Reviewed yesterday

You can walk for miles along the Riverwalk! The good news is that there are plenty of Restaurants and places to get something to drink on the main parts!

Reviewed yesterday

Beautiful location with lots of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Be sure to take the river boat cruise and walk the popular parts to see everything.

Reviewed yesterday

All these years passing thru San Antonio and never had the opportunity to visit the River Walk! I was pleasantly surprised by all of the food and vendors all along the River. So neat! Went on the boat tour - we had a fantastic guide. Very reasonably priced at $12 I believe. I didn't realize all of the history on the hotels, buildings, etc. Loved it. I would go again and highly recommend it to everyone. We went in October so the weather was perfect in the upper 80's around 5 pm. I wouldn't want to go on these tours during the summer as I am not used to the extreme hot weather in the South!

Reviewed yesterday

There are so many things to see & places to go on the Riverwalk. There are many hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. The Go Rio riverboat cruises are a must to see everything on the riverwalk.

Reviewed yesterday

We stayed in hotels right on the River Walk. There are lots of steps and bridges and all sorts of areas to walk along the river. Not many railings so keep a close eye on your little ones. There are lots of wonderful restaurants along the river.

Be sure to take a boat tour as well (night time if you can). I did get bitten by a couple of bugs so some bug spray may be needed (or sunscreen if you go during the day).

Reviewed yesterday

The San Antonio river walk is very beautiful and, early in the day, very relaxing. Most of what you will see is food establishments and stores, but being below street level it is fairly quiet even when it is busy. In the afternoons and at night it does get very crowded; forget a fast walk at those times. I would imagine that in the summer it could get quite stuffy and humid; I was there in November. It is a long walk, so anyone would has mobility issues should be aware of that, as well as the fact that the river walk is accessed by stairs,with only a few elevator locations.