“Dodgy practices, rude manager”
Review of Coyote Ugly Saloon

Coyote Ugly Saloon
Ranked #13 of 138 Nightlife in San Antonio
Reviewed November 1, 2009

We ended up here one night with a bunch of our overseas guests. One of them purchased 6 shots at $20 each - one for each of the guys. We had to wait for 2 of the other guys to show up for them to have their shot but when they went to get their shots which had been behind the bar, they had "disappeared". The purchaser of the shots went to discuss it with the manager, and rather than resolve the issue, she called security, accusing him of "raising his voice" and "using bad language". This was her easy way out of the situation since I heard the conversation and he did no such thing. Her level of competence and professionalism was clear to me when I went to discuss the situation with her, and she refused to let me have two words with her, talking over me the entire time.. At that point, I decided we (there was about 10 of us) would leave the bar, without finishing our drinks, and we will not be back. This business does not deserve our business. There are many other bars in San Antonio who will treat customers with courtesy and professionalism. Give them your custom instead, and support business owners and staff who care about their jobs.

4  Thank BQ_OS

Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband and I stopped in for a beer on a wed. afternoon. Drinks were reasonably priced. They do have drink specials after 8 every night. My first thought was it smelt like puke. They had a girl dancing and singing on the bar. We had one drink and left. We returned on our way home later that night around midnight. The place was packed with older men that I am guessing were on business. There were some couples. They had a few ladies dancing and signing this time. Men were doing 20.00 body shots. It is very loud because they use microphones. Everyone really seemed to have a good time in my general area. It says they serve food...but I think you would be crazy to even order french fries here. Overall the place really could use a bottle of lysol and stiff cleaning. Dust was gather on the assortment of ladies underware hanging over the bar. Fun place to stop by and see what is going on. Not a place to hang out all night long.

1  Thank vikster1
Reviewed April 12, 2009

Poked our heads in here in the afternoon and the whole focus - and I mean the WHOLE focus - is on the waitress in a pulled up mid-drift and Daisy Duke shorts. Good luck being acknowledged or served anything. Really a tiny little place, a dark hole in the wall.

2  Thank Beth B
Reviewed February 16, 2009

This is the worst location I have ever been too. I've tried it out several times and it never fails...it SUCKS. The bartenders and staff are so slow, rude, inconsiderate, and unattractive. They are definately in the wrong business. There is a female bartender that needs to lay off the drugs before she comes to work. The establishment is so dirty and it smells of throw up very bad. It is a stinch that lingers on. A employee informed me they didnt have enough money to have the place cleaned up..Are you serious! It is just the worst saloon Ive ever been in....and it needs some serious work and new employees, including the managers.

1  Thank LMF09
Reviewed January 17, 2009

My wife and I stopped in to look around. Place was slow during the the day. The beer was hot the waitress was rude and took my beer while still some in the bottle. Then she had an attitude with a paying customer when I ask her to put it back. She refused to just walk away and created an scene that was uncalled for. Other places in the area with colder an cheaper beer. I'm telling all my friends to not visit this place.

1  Thank Lancelot2u