“My Granddaughter Was Delighted”

The DoSeum - San Antonio's Museum for Kids
Ranked #26 of 267 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Now open! The DoSeum is San Antonio's newest cultural attraction and is fun for the whole family! Designed for kids age 0-10, The DoSeum features 6 major exhibit halls and 2 outdoor yards for all day fun and learning. Come on out and see why The DoSeum is the place to be this summer!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a wonderful outing with our granddaughter to the museum where she was able to use a shopping cart and stroll through the aisles of a supermarket and 'shop'. When she had placed all hers selections in the basket she was able to go to the checkout line and 'scan' all of her selections through the scanner. She was able to 'milk' a cow and play with plastic balls in all sorts of ways. She was especially excited about being an air traffic controller working the computers in the tower.

She is 2 and most places cannot keep the inteerest of a 2 year old. This place did and does.

1  Thank EISMTraveler

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is an awesome hands on museum for children (and a child-like adults). I have to admit that I like some of the activities as much as the kids.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Children will spend hours and hours doing all that there is to do here. My son is just crazy about it. The 4 stars are for his experience. There are several levels and each level has tons of stuff for the kids to do. The staff isn't particularly friendly however it doesn't really matter. Noone pays attention. Great place. I definitely reccomend

2  Thank Veronica H
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The exhibits are really showing their age. While there are a few areas of education most things are simply play areas such as the wet room with water and boats and the pretend store downstairs. My 5 and 7 year old kids were entertained but for $45 for the four of us to go in and let the kids run around was a bit steep and no education to speak of. The only reason we went was because it was raining and the facility was right next to our hotel.

3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My 8 year did like this museum. What he and I liked:

1. HEB little market, with real products to scan on registers.
2. The pulley elevator was very cool. You had to pull yourself and others, which could be well over 100 lbs.
3. The gravel truck was also cool. Gave you the feeling of what a truck driver works with.
4. My son's favorite one was an area where there a bunch of colorful balls that went up a conveyer belt then dropped to the floor.
5. Healthy vendor snacks, I couldn't believe it.

Now the parts I did not like.

A Victorian section still dull and the same.

I got very upset when my son entered the air traffic controller area and the simulated computers were not operating at all.

Also, there needs to be more chairs and benches for adults to sit on since parents will be there for a while.

Now there was an air section that was poorly maintained with papers and baskets everywhere on the floor with no sense of direction on how the thing operated. There were no parents or kids who wanted to be in this section.

I heard a new will be built in 2015. I hope it will be a lot better than this one!

1  Thank chatoaburida