“Top 5 Zoo in America”

Ranked #25 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: With more than 8,500 animals on 56 acres, there's plenty of fun for the whole family. The San Antonio Zoo was first established with a donation from George W. Brackenridg in the 1800s. Two of the first cageless exhibits in the U.S. opened here in 1929 and the bird collection is one of the world's largest.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Really! We've been to lots of zoos (three kids, 7, 9 and 11). This is easily one of the best we've ever been to. The Africa exhibit is HUGE and amazing, and the snake house is unbelievable. Really didn't expect that. Plan for the whole day - wish we did!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I went here during the day and thought it was a great value. I will be going again if i visit san antonio again. My only complaint isthere were no kola and panda bear but other than that it was very enjoyable

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Decent price, but doesn't take long to see everything. Many animals I've seen in their natural habitat being from NW Canada.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a nice little zoo. (I'm a little biased about zoos because we have such a nice one here in North Carolina.) There were some areas under construction so there were some exhibits I didn't see that I expected. But there was still plenty so see and experience here.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great zoo. Most all the animals were visible and active. The food was good and the park provides nice shade throughout.

Been to San Antonio Zoo? Share your experiences!