Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $14.99
from $92.00
from $109.00
1,538 results
All reviews butterfly exhibit reptile house train ride animal enclosures brackenridge park birds carousel exhibits nectar jaguar tiger habitat stroller coupon admission concessions signage
Reviewed yesterday

The San Antonio zoo is delightful, and had several animals which I had never seen at a zoo before. The grounds are clean and the animals are in very good condition. Because of the climate I would avoid the zoo in the summer; most of the animals would probably be inside. The zoo is a magnet for the local black vulture population, but they are part of the local wildlife so it’s fine, and they don’t bother anyone. You can feed the giraffes at around noon every day. The hippos are a must see. Their enclosure is bordered on one side by glass, where you can see the under water (where they spend a lot of time) and even occasionally see the fish cleaning their mouths.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

In reading other reviews, I was not sure what to expect. Some complained it was too small or too expensive. I felt general admission price was reasonable and the zoo size was great. My 3 year old loved it and we spent most of the day here. I loved the loraket experience where you could feed the birds nectar and they would climb on your arm. Food was just ok and certainly expensive. All in all a great visit.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Great place to take the family, most of the animals were out and many different areas to rest and many signs for information.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

I loved this zoo. They also have birds like an aviary and some aquarium displays inside. Nice collection of animals and a fun place to visit. The train is outside in Brekenridge Park and was really awesome. A good 20 minute ride with : stops. I visited solo while on vacation in San Antonio and I highly recommend it. Yes it may seem pricey but it costs a lot to run a good zoo and pretty much every zoo is somewhat expensive these days. Public bus goes right there too.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The San Antonio zoo ranks right up there with the San Diego Zoo in its variety of animals, space for the animals, creative and imaginative exhibits, interactive areas, play areas, accessibilityand beauty. Bring a picnic and spend the day then buy a membership....you WILL return often.

Reviewed 1 week ago

First let me say I love zoos. Small zoo, big zoos, any kind of zoos. I’ve been to zoos all over the country. I can honestly say that this zoo is one of the very best! The layout of the enclosures, the animals, the personell...all are top notch. If you are in San Antonio for a day, go here for a great days outing for the family. One thing to remember if you go in the summer: it’s an amazing zoo, but it’s still Texas and it gets HOT. Have fun and please let me know if this review has benefited you.

Reviewed 1 week ago

From downtown you can take the number 11 bus for 2.75 which is a day pass. The zoo was very good, plenty to see and a great place to just walk around.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Only thing I can say about the Zoo is I don’t go at the right time, and I love BIG zoo’s. San Antonio’s is probably the right size for a morning walk. It’s never real crowded. I’ll always have respect for a clean Zoo.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Horrible parking situation. Animal exhibit areas very small, old fashion and wet from recent rains. Staff friendly and polite. Zoo Boo a great ideas for the kids. Cost of admission should subsidize improvements.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our family of 7 had a good day @ the ZOO.

We most enjoyed feeding the Lorakeets. We had a good visit with the gal that was the Lorakeets handler & the $2 cup on "nectar" was well worth it to attract the 'keets to us - even though I got pooped on a little. There is s restroom right there.

The Discovery Center has lots of things for real little kids to play with. Our 3 & 4 year olds were busy for over an hour.

All the staff were nice & informative. Was a good ZOO.