“Good sea world.”

San Antonio Explorer Pass
Ranked #27 of 267 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in the wonders of the sea. Experience up-close animal interactions and dive into the world beneath the waves on thrilling rides, like the Great White coaster. Enjoy awe-inspiring shows like the beautiful and powerful One Ocean(R) featuring Shamu(R), or laugh along at our comical show Pets Ahoy, featuring locally-rescued animals. And don't miss the all-new Discovery Point, where you can experience dolphins through nose-to-bottlenose encounters. Together through inspiration, education and personal animal connections we can make a difference in the natural world we share. Discover your memories that will last a lifetime at SeaWorld(R) San Antonio.
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Slightly different than Orlando's version but very good and entertaining. Did not do aquatica this time as our kids are only 8,6,&4 and we were afraid it would be too much to cover in one day. Probably right as we spent about 5 hours in sea world and the kids were zonked. Good place to go and easy to get to.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Maybe it's just the time of year, but I was very let down with my experience there. Even the we already had tickets, we had to wait nearly 45 minutes to get into the park. It was another 45 minutes to get our food, which was overpriced and of poor quality. We got lucky and found seats right before Azul started, but any other show we attempted just had way too long of lines and they do not allow strollers We tried to see Pets Ahoy-got there 45 minutes before the show started and there was a HUGE line. We were told that we could not take a stroller in and would have to hold our 30 pound 16-month old for 45 minutes in 95 degree heat. No thank you. We got tired. Of the heat and decided to try Aquatica, and what awaited us? Yep, another long line. Took 45 minutes to get in there, and it was so crowded that you couldn't really enjoy yourself. I could see it being more enjoyable during the off-season when there are less people and the weather is more agreeable. As it was, we were just miserable, hot and felt like all we did was wait I lines for 6+ hours.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We visited sea world and bought the additional tickets to aquatica, the place was so busy that you could not enter park after 12:00. Btw, they won't give you your money back either, so you just get to eat $90 tickets. Sea world has really gone down hill. Actually saw them boot a 90 year old man from sitting in the shade pn a rock in stroller parking. The shows have not been updated in years, the facilities are beat up, there is no shade and the lines are so long for everything. We did the sea lion animal interaction which was fun but the rest of the day really left a bad impression. We won't be going back ever again!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family booked a 2 day SeaWorld/Aquatica vacation package directly from the SeaWorld website. Totally worth it! I was concerned that 2 days in a row would be a bit much, but it was great!
We spent Day 1 at SeaWorld - 8 hours. It was fun, but not the experience I hoped for...our favorite show was Azul. My kids really enjoyed it! One World (Shamu show) was okay, but not as great as I remember it. It was a huge splash fest! If you want to stay dry, sit waaaay up top! The best part for my 4 year old was the Sesame Street Bay of Play...but it's really hard to keep track of your little one when the crowds get there!
Day 2 we spent the day at Aquatica. Totally worth it! It was awesome! We got there early and had a chance to ride all the big rides once before the big crowds showed up and the lines got long. There are great slides for small kids, cool family slides, and big slides too. Several swimming pools, splash areas, and a really cool lazy river.
SeaWorld was good...but I really feel like I got my money's worth at Aquatica.

1  Thank angelaw97
Reviewed July 21, 2013

July in Texas is quite simply hot and humid interspersed with occasional downpours. Knowing that, we planned for it and had a great time. My family including 6-year-old thoroughly enjoyed the shows and rides at SeaWorld. We rode the Steel Eel and Great White and a few kiddie rides. Mostly, we saw the shows. Shamu was great as always. The Sea Lion show was hysterical to my 6-year-old. Slapstick, puns, and plays on words. Very cute. The way they time the shows is great. You finish one just in time to get to another one near you.

This was our first time seeing the Cool Vibrations water show. That was cute. Speed boats, water skiers, jet skiers, and some very skillful dancing and acrobats on skis. It was a nice view of the remainder of the park, and I took some great photos of the Steel Eel while waiting for the show to start.

Plan your day to visit outdoor attractions, then go inside. See the penguins. It's air conditioned. Then go out again and see a show. Then go into an air conditioned gift shop. That really is the key to success.

Get a one year pass. The extra $30 pays for itself with free parking and 20% off everywhere in both parks. We did half a day at SeaWorld and the remainder at Aquatica. So glad we did. Kept us sane and cool.

Highly recommend getting there at park opening. You will avoid the lines and get in quickly. When we walked by the entrance around 1:00, it was backed up forever.

We ate for the first time at Shamu's Smokehouse, which I felt was pretty reasonably priced for the meals. It was about the same as I pay for decent BBQ in Houston. The desserts were outrageous. Pudding for $4.00 and cake for the same. So we stuck to our meals and were fine. The kids meal is very cute. Served in a Shamu meal container, which my daughter loved. The food was filling and good and about what you would expect from park BBQ. Nothing to get excited about, but it was good.

Don't miss Shamu! Always our favorite part of this. Also, we really love the Bay of Play for little ones. Daughter loves the ferris wheel!

Plan your day and you will be glad you did. Highly recommend hitting SeaWorld in the cooler mornings hours and heading over to Aquatica around 2:00. (Note: On weekends, Aquatica can hit capacity and they will close it to new arrivals so you may need to do it the other way around). We were there Thursday and Friday. Friday was 10 times more crowded than Thursday. Our next trip will definitely be mid-week to avoid the crowds.

Another side note: Aquatica does not seem very friendly to travelers in wheelchairs or pushing strollers. I saw one water area that accommodate rolling a wheelchair in. One. The rest you would have to be carried into the water. I do not believe any of the tube rides offered anything for disabled travelers. You had to go up many sets of stairs to get to the rides. No elevators. Make sure you plan accordingly.

2  Thank ChristineM1972