Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $55.99
from $15.00
from $37.89
16,826 results
All reviews audio tour texas history gift shop long barracks piece of history davy crockett grounds are beautiful historic place great history love history across the street bucket list lots of history history lesson take pictures the river walk alamo
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Everyone should visit the Alamo and learn the story of Texas Independence and hear the stories of the participants in this epic struggle for Texas and Liberty. The Long Barracks has been converted into a beautiful museum containing priceless relics of the battle. It gave me chills to read the stories and think about the price paid by our ancestors for the freedoms we take for granted every day. After visiting the Alamo, you'll look at Texas with great admiration.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I think the service is great ,, well organize and great experience for my children and for all the family

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was thrilled to see this piece of history because I've heard so much about it through my life time. I guess my expectations were set high. There is not much to see here. The Alamo is much smaller than I ever would have imagined. There are some interesting artifacts inside donated by the families of Crockett and Bowie. Those were fun to see. The grounds are beautiful and a nice place to sit and reflect. There was a gentleman talking inside to a group but we couldn't hear him for all the noise other people were making. Outside are earphone tours you can purchase but we didn't do that.

The admission is free but you can purchase the informative tours and a photographer takes your photo in front of the building. You get a card with your photo number on it and you can view it online and purchase it. Our number was incorrect but I sent a note to the website on the card and they told me how I could find it. I was able to find it.

This is a must see just because it's part of our history.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Take the time to drag yourself away from all the fun and gaiety of the Riverwalk area to visit these hallowed grounds. Take your time to walk through and read all the displays. Your children need to know about the sacrifices that were made and the heavy toll that was paid by so many brave souls.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The movies don't do the story justice as there is so much more to tell.
200 vs 6000
"Come and take it"
The 200 dead were burned and not buried.....
The Travis letter....

Come see it and you will NOT be disappointed.