“horrible stay”

Days Inn San Antonio at Palo Alto
Ranked #239 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place was great it was located about 20 miles from the hub of the company I work for my crew and I who took 20 rooms where treated well. The manager Niles worked with us to put breakfast out around 3 am right before my crew left, also they worked with us in cleaning the rooms all and all we will be back

• Stayed October 2012
PFLUGERVILLE
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Room was never cleaned while we were there? noone at desk to get clean towels?
computer system was down at checkin
continental breakfast was a joke. stale pastries and warm milk

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Texas, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Motel was ok. Typical Days Inn. I stayed there several days in June and July 2012. Stayed in
a total of four different rooms. I would stay there again. Staff is friendly. I left tips for the room
cleaners but did not get a thank note or any feedback. So, no more tips to the hired help.
Clientele is mostly contruction workers. Not really for families. Area is typical Mexican barrio.
Its ok. Internet is great - has both CAT5 and wifi. Chevron and Valero nearby for gas.
Drawbacks are no food anywhere in the area except for 2 fast burger places.
Decent food is many miles away. Me: I travel a LOT on business.

Room Tip: Don't park under the trees. Birds sit in the trees.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2011

For the first time looking into these reviews i felt it is my obligation to let people know that I Worked at this Dump.,worked by butt off sometimes early morn,till dark cause not any staff sometimes worked entire hotel excludind front desk..never enough supplies rude treatment shortened on hours worked/pay I had reason to believe "Tina " is someone else alias real name cecie maybe.used .and she and husband may be involved in on site theft...BE ware please....Also hskp, Breakfast bar and linen as well as bathroom supplies sheets...etc were hard to keep in suppy..My tips were picked up by other hskps.or someone else customers were always kind and understandind towards me..Employer was always rude'dispespectful at one time i actually felt so humiliated by thier comments or remarks towards me..never appreciated my hard work and devotion so I quit!!!!!!!!!other employees came and left approx..5-7 in the short time i was there very shirt time worked would never recommend this place to Anyone !!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I booked my rooms 6 months in advance, over the phone to make sure there would be absolutely no communication errors. I asked for a room with 2 beds (for my kids) that had connecting doors to a room with 1 King bed (for my wife and I). I kept asking to make sure they had this combination. I was told that the rooms would be held for me. A few days before my reservation, I called to make sure everything was still the same, and was told it was. When I arrived, guess what.... all they had were two rooms on opposite ends of the hotel, and they both had 1 King bed. As angry as I was, I kept my cool knowing that it wasnt the guys fault. I decided to just take 1 room since it had a fold out sofa, this might have been a mistake on my part because the sofa bed was tiny, but both of my kids would fit. I had to go back to the front desk to get sheets for the sofa bed and also asked for an extra blanket and some pillows, which they did not have. In the morning I talked to the manager, Tina, who was extremely rude!!!!! So in the end, nothing was resolved. I did not get any kind of refund or other compensation for my problems. I will never stay here again. As I was walking to my car, I saw a big work truck with the window busted out, and the police were taking pictures and it looked like they may have been getting finger prints. I was told by a young Indian guy that this had been a problem the last few months. Thank God I was leaving this place! Also as my wife was walking out to the car (I had pulled around front) she overheard the manager telling one of the other front desk employees to write a good review on "Trip Advisor", which is how I came across this website. So dont believe all of these reviews with high ratings, because they are probably done by the employees. This was not a very clean hotel as many have stated, I wouldnt say there are bugs (at least I did not see any) but the carpet is stained, the hallways smell like cigarette smoke (supposedly they dont have smoking rooms), what was left of breakfast did not look very great (it had been picked over and since it was 30 minutes before it ended they would not refill anything.

This was the worst hotel experience of my life! The Best Western down the street is higher priced, but is definitely worth every extra penny!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family