“Nice tasting chicken dishes”
Review of Savor Fare

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Taiwanese
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Halifax, Canada
“Nice tasting chicken dishes”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had Sesame Chicken with Fried rice here. Sesame chicken was awesome. As a chicken lover, i thoroughly enjoyed the taste and the Fish Oil as well :) The only sad thing abt the place was the quantity. Personally being a heavy eater with an Indian Tummy the quantity of a single dish was never enough for me at this wonderful restaurant. This was only bad thing i facedpersonally in this place. The ambiance is good enough and the taste is good.

QUANTITY is one thing to be noted of. If you are a normal eater for whom moderate quantity would suffice, this place is very good

• Visited August 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Egg-drop soup " I need a gallon and a ladel"!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Just finished eating at Savor Fare and their egg-drop soup was delicious!! The spring roll was light and very good. Can not say enough great things about their food and can't believe anyone would rate the restaurant anything but a five. By the way it was neat and very clean inside.

• Visited June 2014
Manitoba
“Spicy and fresh”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

As a regular traveler, I have made it my practice to frequent locally owned restaurants. Well my choice of lunching at Savor Fare was well worth it. Fresh, savory and plentiful was what I was presented with. I ordered the spicy curry chicken noodle bowl salad, which was spicy, and the chicken was perfectly grilled not steamed. Still wanting more I ordered the Beef Vegetable luncheon special, which was tasty and the beef was tender and well spiced.

Try the spring rolls, a great accompaniment to a beverage.

The establishment was clean, with a family friendly look. Staff were polite and attentive.

• Visited May 2012
san antonio
“if you like to be yelled at eat at savor fare”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We live near the restaurant and wanted to support the local food in San Antonio. They say it is freshly made, just because you say you cook something fresh does not make it good. My wife order a dish and it was so bad. She tried to put soem sauce on it to make it better. We sent it back after that two bites. We were informed that no mater what it taste like we pay for it and then the manager started saying she will call the police. I encouraged her to do so and then she refused. It was a new experience to be yelled at while sitting and eating dinner with our son. The noodles in the hot and sour soup are store baught noodles that were stale. We should have know when we saw the help wanted sign. Do not waste the money you worked hard to make here.

San Antonio
“Lovely little place, amazing food”
Reviewed December 10, 2008

My husband and I eat out quite often, and we were lamenting the other day that usually the food we're served is mediocre and not as good as we could make at home. That's not true with this wonderful little restaurant. It's quiet, and the designers have made it feel quite lovely in spite of its modest exterior. The art is quite beautiful. (The only fly in the ointment: the big-screen TV over the bar--but a nice nature video would complement the decor.)

And the food! Real gourmet quality. The egg rolls are like no egg rolls I've ever eaten; you wrap them in lettuce and mint leaves and dip them in sauce, and the blend of flavors and textures is heavenly. I've eaten the steamed fish, and it had the most delicate flavor; also, I tried the Grant noodles, and you can tell the noodles are homemade. Every dish has such a wonderful mix of textures and tastes, and everything I've tried has had fresh green vegetables in it that I would almost guess had come out of a garden, they're so good. So many dinners out seem to rely on extra calories to impress us: fried foods, rich steaks--but here the food is healthy, balanced, and delicious, so you can feel good about eating out. I'm not that crazy about Chinese food, so I've avoided those on the menu, but the Vietnamese items are something special.

This is the kind of place to take a friend and talk for an hour, or take your husband and be able to relax, with no 20-minute wait or staff bugging you to get out so the next bunch of diners can sit down. It's an undiscovered jewel at this point, very quiet and relaxed, and my new favorite restaurant. I realize I'm raving, and this probably sounds like one of those canned reviews put in by friends of the chef, but I swear it's not. I'm just that glad to find a really tasty and enjoyable alternative to the big chain restaurants within three miles of my home.

1 Thank Clare_and_Joe