“Glad We Did It”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Several of the people in our party were in San Antonio for the first time. This is a bit of a "touristy" thing to do. But, we did it for lunch, requested a window seat. You get a good lay of the land. Our server, Daniel, was great. Food was great. I would recommend it, especially if it's your first time in San Antonio.

There are newer reviews for Chart House Restaurant

Reviewed October 28, 2013

First we had to pay to park, as there were other events there that day... confusing, then we had a reservation, walked in and they acted like we didnt...somehow weren't able to look up the name...SMITH, ok then we were told to wait by the elevator--seemed like hours (maybe 15 minutes) went up in elevator with service staff, not an issue except they must have just come back from a smoke break?? ewwwww
We reached our seat, there were crumbs on it, they cleaned it off quickly. We sat down, someone came over and said oh I don't know where your server is, she said that a few different times.... Hector then came over---he saved the entire experience. We ordered, he quickly brought our drinks, our kids went up to the top level but took forever as they had to flag down an elevator operator a few times---again Hector saved the day, he held the food up a bit for them.

The salads and gazpacho were amazing, the entrees to die for, the souffle...ah not so great. The view lovely (word of caution though....The room rotates much faster than I expected, everyone in my party loved it, however it threw me off a bit.

I say if you go, expect to spend a ton of $$ for a great meal and an experience of a life time, if you can--ask for Hector he was a terrific waiter!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had a great dinner, great service, everything was very well done, great view, excellent table, and it was not that expensive. A must visit in San Antonio.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Well the view is the best in town but after that we had a number of bad experiences. Were delighted to find they were part of the Landry's group. Took FOREVER just to order a drink and have it brought to us. We decided we had better go ahead and order rather than wait. Again forever to have our food delivered. Steak was tasty but not even close to being at correct trmp.. Was barely warm. From the time we gave the waiter our credit card until he returned it was 25 minutes. We had started timing him by this point because it was comical. This was during the week and they were not busy. I hope if we ever return corrections have been made because the venue is wonderful.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here and it was very good. I had the fish tacos which were very flavorful and the Muscato sangria was just delicious, sweet and crisp. The service was a little slow but our waiter was very nice and we were in no hurry so it was fine. We returned for dinner, one night, with our daughter and her boyfriend and the food was GREAT. The staff when you enter, are a little snooty and we were told that the wait would be an hour or so for a table on a Monday night ??? We saw many open tables so I'm not sure what the issues were but again we were in no hurry so we went to the bar and enjoyed delicious appetizers and more Muscato sangria while we waited. Once seated in the dining room the view of the city, the food and the service was wonderful. The crab cake and the filet mignon was the best we had ever eaten.