“Mixed Bag!!!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Well the view is the best in town but after that we had a number of bad experiences. Were delighted to find they were part of the Landry's group. Took FOREVER just to order a drink and have it brought to us. We decided we had better go ahead and order rather than wait. Again forever to have our food delivered. Steak was tasty but not even close to being at correct trmp.. Was barely warm. From the time we gave the waiter our credit card until he returned it was 25 minutes. We had started timing him by this point because it was comical. This was during the week and they were not busy. I hope if we ever return corrections have been made because the venue is wonderful.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here and it was very good. I had the fish tacos which were very flavorful and the Muscato sangria was just delicious, sweet and crisp. The service was a little slow but our waiter was very nice and we were in no hurry so it was fine. We returned for dinner, one night, with our daughter and her boyfriend and the food was GREAT. The staff when you enter, are a little snooty and we were told that the wait would be an hour or so for a table on a Monday night ??? We saw many open tables so I'm not sure what the issues were but again we were in no hurry so we went to the bar and enjoyed delicious appetizers and more Muscato sangria while we waited. Once seated in the dining room the view of the city, the food and the service was wonderful. The crab cake and the filet mignon was the best we had ever eaten.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

It was a birthday dinner of mine with my daughter and my husband. We drove an hour and half from out of town to eat here since Tower Restaurants are amusing to me. It was my special day, I got the chance to enjoy my family in that spectacular view of San Antonio. I considered it smaller than the Renaissance Tower in Dallas and also Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas. As far as service, I don't know .. maybe they're already tired at that late night after 9 pm. I'm not too happy with the table we're seated at ... it was closed to their service station that every now and then, they're there doing something with their trays. We spend at least 300 bucks without alcoholic drinks and I considered that pricey because the food served did not meet my expectations.Other than that, we enjoyed the view and the time bonding with my family. We may recommend this restaurant to some friends.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The best food ever and the restaurant rotates! Great to dine at sunset. Personalized service for anniversary. Peppercorn steak and mixed seafood grill unreal. Service solid. Nice view of city. A must visit! The molten chocolate cake is overrated but still quite good. Be sure to visit at night for a glorious view.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Yes you would expect to have a Grand View when your 20 something floors high. But get this, it's a Chart House. Not on the water. But you won't be disappointed. Good food, great service and fantastic view or San Antonio. Again a little surprise this floor is moving and rotates once every hour. Better have reservations and make sure you have a ride home after dinner. No taxi's nearby. Have Fun!