“SCENIC DINING EXPERIENCE”

Chart House Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Antonio, Texas
“SCENIC DINING EXPERIENCE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

A Delightful surprise...my husband booked us reservations here for our anniversary! Although, after I searched for reviews or suggestions for parking I became wiery! Reading everyone's complaints about cleanliness, elevator issues, subpar food and wait time...However, to my surprise it was fairly easy to find parking just off Bowie street...parking was congested but for 8 dollars and its close proximately to Tower of Americas it was worth it. Despite others reviews, we did'nt have to wait in any long lines and were seated promptly. Even though we couldnt get a window seat we were fine sitting on the upper desk since it was too hot to be sitting that close to the windows on top of the restraunt's lack of ventilation. Other than that, the food was ok..I ordered a filet mignon with crab tater tots,(bizarre for a fine dining menu, do not order) coconut shrip and my husband had their rib eye with aparagus. As the night progressed we sipped on our expensive bottle of cabernet, to help us forget about the subpar over-priced food and enjoyed the the rest of our time, soaking up the magnificent ambiance and view to die for (Love San Antonio)!

• Visited July 2013

Odessa, Texas, Usa
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Well we didn't eat at the restaurant, but we did have a few drinks at the bar! The staff made us feel welcomed and gave us great customer service. The drinks are very good! and for a reasonable price!

Visited July 2013
RatherNotSay
“GO FOR THE VIEW! (and the food is great too!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Yes, it's expensive, but you're looking out over the city of San Antonio as you make a full 360-degree revolution while sitting at your table. It's phenomenal! I've been at restaurants like this before over other cities, and it never gets old. Parents -- just a note, please be courteous, this isn't a place for kids. The novelty will wear off for little ones very quickly, and a quiet tranquil dinner will turn boring very quickly. It is a peaceful, quiet, even romantic atmosphere as everyone takes in the beauty of what's below. The food was very very good, especially the clam chowder!!

Visited July 2013
Pearland
“Bad food???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Again I am floored with the comments I have seen stating bad food. The food was TERRIFIC. We had lobster bisque that was out of this world. Fresh and hot and simply amazing. We had shrimp and crab fondue that left me wanting to lick the bowl. I had a spicy cucumber martini that was also excellent. Our waitress was on point and friendly. She was down for the summer from Bulgaria and she was very happy to visit with us. Bad food??? Not sure where they get this. Perhaps these are the folks that frequent McDonalds.

• Visited July 2013
New York City
“HAPPY HOUR!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you are a visitor or local you will enjoy the Chart House at The Tower of Americas! If you go during happy hour 4-7 mon-fri take advantage of the great appetizers and drink specials. To this day, one of the best mango mojitos I have ever tried was here at the bar!

Visited May 2013