“Don't get anything to go, don't call to talk to a manager.”

Chester's Hamburgers
Ranked #395 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Description: Since 1984, Chester's Hamburgers has and will always prepare your burgers with the freshest ingredients, the french fries from fresh cut Idaho potatoes, shakes,malts, floats and deserts are all from our Ice Cream that is made fresh in the store, salads of all kinds made to order, chicken wings to die for and over 200 kinds of beer, wines and coolers to quench you thirst. Other products include: Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Bacon Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers, Green Chili Hamburgers an Cheeseburgers, Meat Chili Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers, French Fries and Onion Rings, Kid's Meals, Salads, Fish Baskets, Shakes, Malts, Floats and Deserts from Homemade Ice Cream, Sweet Tea and Sodas and over 200 kids of Beer, Wines and Coolers. Thanks you for voting us the best burgers in San Antonio and Texas numerous times.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Twice I've ordered food to go from Chesters. Both times I ordered Green Chili Cheesburgers. IT took about 30 minutes (they told me 15 on the phone) to get my order and it's been a while since the first time, so I didn't check the bag, just kind of assuming that the first "miss" was an oddity. Nope. Again no green chili. Seems silly to complain about something so small, but I've paid for a product they didn't provide...twice.

So, I figured I'd give their manager a call and let him/her know that they are forgetting products on to go orders. It never occurred to me to be angry - I was taking the time to call as a courtesy (there is no web site or company information to simply drop a note). The employee answered the phone, asked my name and said just a second. I could hear him repeating my name (twice) to the manager and her declining to take the call. He came back on and said she was busy, could I leave a message. My message was "I just called to let her know that a couple times I didn't receive items in my to go orders. Clearly that's not important to her, so you just lost a customer." It's amazing to me that any company dependent on the good will of it's customers let's things like this escalate until they lose business when a simple "sorry, we're working on it" would fix everything.

To sum up: Chester's doesn't care about providing what their customers pay for, and has pretty terrible customer service.

There are newer reviews for Chester's Hamburgers

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is another over-hyped place. Burger are ok, but would not go out of my way to get one. Not always the most consistent either. I'd recommend Smash Burger or the Cove before Chesters.

1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed May 29, 2012

chesters has been in san antonio for years. when i am in the mood for a burger, chesters is where we go. the burgers are a really good size and not falling apart like most do at your chain sit down resturants, the fries are fresh and the large cooler of beers sometimes make it difficult to choose from. my favorite is a hickory cheeseburger and onion rings.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Pretty good burger and fries. Drink come in large cup. Reasonable place of looking for a value.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Burgers are a personal thing. I know people who firmly believe that Chester's makes the best burgers in San Antonio. Me? I would rather have the 99 cent McDouble at McDonalds than any burger on Chester's menu. If I am going to pay five dollars for a cheeseburger, I want something special, and that means a Chris Madrid cheeseburger.

Chester's moves its lines quickly, making it a good choice when you are in a hurry. And, they have a good beer selection. I find their dining rooms to be drab and depressing, but most people don't stay long enough to notice.

If you are a burger fan, you need to give Chester's a try. Lot's of people think their burgers are special...those folks may be right, and I may be wrong.