“One Hit, One Miss and a Great Server!”

Pam's Patio Kitchen
Ranked #152 of 4,915 Restaurants in San Antonio
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I have heard great things about Pam's so we decided to give it a shot for dinner. After being seated we were greeted with fresh, warm, focaccia bread, yum! Our server, Tony, took our drink orders while we perused the menu. I ordered the Thai Beef Salad which was excellent. Unfortunately, the same could not be said about my wife's Pad Thai, which was over sauced and greasy. Hey, it happens. While clearing the plates, Tony asked if my wife would like to have her barely touched meal to go. She told him that it wasn't very good and that she didn't want to take it with us. We ordered a black-bottom cup cake for dessert, which we enjoyed. Tony brought us our check and said that he had taken the Pad Thai off the bill because it wasn't enjoyable. I was shocked! No fight, no talking to the manager, it was just removed without us asking. Don't know if that's the policy or if it was Tony's decision but he's getting all the credit. We'll be back!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Prepare for a line at lunch, but it always moves quickly. Everything is always at the peak of freshness. Soups, salads, sandwiches and unexpected touches always leave me happy. The Guadalajara Chalupa is the best ever! Desserts are fresh baked there and soul satisfying! Dinner is a different menu with the same commitment to quality and freshness. David's recipes always have his own special touch with exceptional varaiety given the size of the restaurant. Large wine list and their love of exceptional beers is evident. They display and encourage local artists; it's always fun to see what they have on the walls! They offer breakfast on some monrings, but we haven"t tried that yet.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Recently I ordered a chicken salad. Wow, it really hit the spot. Tantalizing to the taste buds and not packed with gratuitous calories. I rank this as a great place to go when meeting friends or simply because you want a wonderful lunch.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We've been customers of Pam since she and her husband opened this fantastic restaurant. My favorite is the half reuben with a cup of tortilla soup. Dinner offerings are surprisingly exotic for a neighborhood place. The furnishings are getting a bit shabby, but the food is consistently good.

1  Thank Ikonoblast
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It´s not exactly easy to find it, but when you do, WHOA! You will be surprised! For lunch, my favorite is a 1/2 and 1/2 combination. You can choose two of either soup, salad or sandwich and make your own dish. You wil bee SO happy!