“Delicious food & drink!”

Papa Nacho's Cantina
Ranked #297 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Delicious quality food. I'm very picky and critical and this place delivers! My husband had the fajitas- the beef was so tender and tasty! The borracho beans were good and the rice outstanding. I had the bacon wrapped grilled shrimp, perfectly done. We will be back- the menu was full of options that differ from the usual Mexican restaurants in town, and they all sound delicious! The restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, the real beauty is on the plate :) I almost forgot to mention that the margaritas were top notch too!

There are newer reviews for Papa Nacho's Cantina

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've eaten here several times over the past 4 years and it surprises me that it just keeps getting BETTER! Let me explain... about 15 months ago, I was having lunch here and asked for some jalapeño slices on the side. It took a bit of explaining, but they happily complied. Eating here yesterday, they had a new menu item - jalapeño chicken enchiladas. I asked Kendall - our SUPER waitress (she asked if I'd like my Dos Equis served with a chilled or non-chilled glass) - if I could have the jalapeño enchiladas but with cheese. She quite happily said "Yes" and, on bringing them to the table, they came - without a request - sliced jalapeños!
On top of that, my wife's Chicken Chipolte was wonderful! The breast was flattened, cooked perfectly, smothered just right with a light, rich and "just-right" spicy.
These two exceptional dishes, coupled with Kendall's speedy, attentive service led me to recommend this experience!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food at the new location off 1604 and Stone Oak Is just as delicious as the original location in Leon Springs! Best Mexican food in San Antonio!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Mexican food here is good. But that is not the reason to come. They serve a wonderful version of grilled fish diablo. Opt out of the tasteless tilapia craze and ask for redfish or snapper. The sauce served over the fish is rich, but not too spicy as the name would imply.

Enchiladas, flautas etc. are on par with most folk's idea of their go-to place when they get the tex-mex craving.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Located on the feeder road in Leon Springs, just north of San Antonio, TX, on IH-10 is a plethora of delectable dining establishments, one of which is Papa Nacho's Cantina. We enjoyed perusing the menu of interesting Mexican dishes you won't find at other Mexican food eateries. It was hard to choose between a delectable pan grilled white fish in a sauce of artichoke hearts, lemon and capers, accompanied with white Spanish rice and grilled veggie; or their wonderful Papa Nacho salad with romaine lettuce, white cheese chunks, walnuts, grilled chicken breast drizzled with a light lemon cilantro dressing. One of our group decided upon the bacon-wrapped and grilled shrimp with sides of Mexican rice and boracho beans. Staff is friendly, atmosphere casual, and facility spotlessly clean! It can get a little noisy with the sounds of laughter and visiting, so you might consider not arriving during peak dining hours if you want a quieter dining experience. We enjoyed our dining experience and will most definitely return.