“Best in San Antonio”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed September 16, 2012

There are lots of Mexican restaurants in San Antonio. Some good and some not so good. Papa Nachos food rates among the very best. Especially try any of their chicken dishes. Their lunch specials are an excellent value. If ordering any of the meat dishes, upgrade to "fajita meat". It's worth it. We go there about once a month, and within a few miles of our home, we have lots of choices. Nice atmosphere. Located in the far NW corner off of I-10 at Leon Springs.

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the beef fajitas, which were awesome and my wife really liked the fish tacos. If you are into soup try the jalapeno soup.... But be warned it's a but spicy. The service was excellent as well.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very good Tex Mex. Great encheletas w/ super chili sauce. Good cold Mexican beer. Watch the fish dishes. Can be overly salty, The tamiqueno steak plate is awesome. The super nachos are really loaded. These guys also own Scuzzi Italian and Bourbon Street both are very good also. Sorry about my spelllng on the Spanish.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have dined at Papa Nacho's since they opened, nearly ten years.
The food and service has always been top notch.

We enjoy the Papa's special for lunch. A cheese enchilada, crispy beef taco, rice and
boracho beans. Either flour or corn tortillas are served.

The chicken fajitas are really tasty. They are marinated prior to grilling and come with
Pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole.

The salsa is fresh, but not too hot. You can order regular tostados, or the thicker nacho chips.
A top Mexican food emporium in San Antonio is nothing to be sneezed at.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Yes, 20 minutes from downtown and no special ambiance and in the corner lot of a grocery store strip mall, but the best Mexican food in town and I have been a native here for 40+ years. Great Tex Mex, great quality, fast and friendly service. I love the cheese enchiladas for lunch but the mahi mahi grilled dinner with artichokes, capers, tomatoes and the like is the best fish in town as well. hard to believe I know but I have never had a bad meal here and I will continue to make visits here a staple of my diet. A fast luch alone or a nice dinner with friends, yes they can do both and they do it well.

Been to Papa Nacho's Cantina? Share your experiences!