“Locals favorite”

Ancient Cities Cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We own property in Mountainair and visit several times a year. We eat here at least once a day.
Ancient Cities is not an elegant establishment but a local favorite. The food is decent, particularly the New Mexican entrees with red and/or green chili. Heard the pizza was good too but we’ve always just craved the basic N.M. fare while we are visiting from stuffy Chicago.

2  Thank catsforkids

A TripAdvisor Member
northern calif.
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We ate here because the recommended restrauant was closed for vacation, and we didn't want to drive 12 miles to the one we had eaten at the night before.
We should have known we were in trouble by the looks of the filthy carpet. (later they vaccumed while we were eating.)
My salad dressing was spoiled. (other 3 people in party tasted it.)
I took it up to the waitress who stuck her finger in it and looked questionable about it. She had the cook taste it. He said to just shake up the jar better next time. I returned to the table and left my salad. I was never offered another one, AND they put the salad on my bill. (I didn't pay it.) The other 3 in the party said they food was not good at all, and they left a good portion.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member