“Good cup of coffee in a central Salem location”
Review of Jaho Coffee & Tea

Jaho Coffee & Tea
Ranked #2 of 16 Dessert in Salem
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Welcome to Jaho. We love coffee, we love tea, we love great food. We love sitting in a relaxing cafe and watching the world go by. And, most of all, we love trying new things, meeting new people and traveling to new, exciting places. To us, life is a journey filled with beautiful pictures, far-away places, new tastes, good friends and the stories that we all share. We hope you'll join us in our journey and share your own experiences. Finally, we hope you'll enjoy everything you try at Jaho as much as we do.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stopped in to Jaho to take a break and grab a cup of coffee while soaking up all the New England history and charm. Jaho has a nice selection of coffee and coffee drinks. They also offer pastries and other coffee goodies (but be prepared-2.00 for a cookie-ouch!). The shop has free wifi and comfy chairs and tables. We enjoyed them while people watching and planning on things to see. Coffee was good and was not star burnt flavored either.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a snack and cup of coffee. This is one of the few places around where I found decaf cappucino. Excellent spanakopita -- my husband says it tastes just like the ones he's had in Greece. Lots of Greek food here, by the way, in addition to a ton of sandwiches and pastries.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Jaho Coffee and Tea actually consists of two separate shops, one in Pickering Wharf with sleek tables and furniture, as well as a coffee bar. You can get some really fancy brewing methods, such a Japanese-style iced coffee that takes a day or so to make. This is the shop pictured and it is currently has very restricted hours. I think of it as the "Euro-style" coffee shop.

The other shop is about a block away on Derby Street. This shop has funky old armchairs and does not remotely feel as clean as the first one, but is open every day through the evening. There are a lot of individuals with laptops and tablets sitting around, but they will generally let you sit at their table if you ask.. I think of this shop as the "Seattle-style" shop.

At both places the coffee is good and, unlike a certain coffee chain, they serve their espressos with an actual espresso spoon. Both the espresso macchiato (espresso with foam) and
espresso con panna (espresso with cream) are excellent.

Both places have the same food. The flake pastries aren't so great, but the rice pudding is excellent.

The service varies according to who is there. I've never had anyone rude, but the servers can sometimes seem distracted. .

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Im not a coffee drinker but am alwaus looking for a good hot chocolate or hot spiced cider. the cider was average but the hot chocolate varieties tasted great. the venue is warm and inviting. the peanut butter cup cookie was very good too.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am a coffee fanatic. If I see a place, I must stop. I actually had heard about Jaho and couldn't wait to try it, and it didn't disappoint me so I keep going back. The last time I visited was in October and they had an awesome selection of fall themed coffee and chai teas. Not your standard pumpkin- think one hundred times cooler and tastier. I've had so many of the flavors and was not disappointed on this trip! You can also get bubble tea (Boba) which is actually what first drew me to find Jaho. I enjoy it, but nothing beats their coffee. Prices are similar to a Starbucks but with one hundred times more creativity for your dollar. There is a second shop right across the way and they are smaller but have the same selection. Oh! And eating (or in my case drinking a latte) is so nice inside the restaurant. Plush chairs, really great atmosphere. Just a perfect coffee place located near the downtown but closer to the wharf so you're able to find better parking and have a more relaxing experience.