“Never had a hot dog like this! So good!!”
Review of Boston Hot Dog Co.

Boston Hot Dog Co.
Ranked #27 of 238 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: We make awesome hot dogs! We have all the fantastic standards, Chicago Dog, NYC Dog, Boston Club Dog, but we also have newer additions to the menu. Wisconsin Mac & Cheese Dog, delicious soups, and specialty sandwiches such as Pastrami will make your mouth water. Not limited to carnivores, there are 7 vegetarian dogs as well. Top it off with North End challenging cannoli and you have all the makings of a great stop on your visit to Salem.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The menu is very extensive for a hot dog shop. I never knew so many toppings meshed so well with hot dogs; but they do! I had the taxi dog and it was delicious. They toast the bun, which makes the food even more amazing. It was the best place I ate at while I was here. Another bonus is that Ben & Jerry's is right next door for dessert!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband was really excited to try this place once he saw it online. They have about 20 different kinds of specialty hot dogs, as well as make your own. Highly recommend getting the 1/4 lb hot dog instead of the regular one. Their fountain rootbeer was awesome. Best discribed as similar to A&W rootbeer but WAY better. The server was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went in today and is not the sort of place I would go to but I due to the lack of snack places in Salem I thought it worth a try .. I have never had a hot dog and the server ( female) talked me through the options and was genuinely friendly and helpful when I said I had no clue what any of the options entailed. I had the Sweet Italian.
Looking at the other reviews, my experience is a lot better as my server wore gloves at all times and used tongs for everything.
I enjoyed my hot dog and you can choose toppings although I just went for ketchup and onions.
Good for a snack. Very casual no frills place.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Nice place, good food but the service was not what I expected. Orders are taken on yellow pads and are forgotten as fast as they are written. We ordered our food and it took forever! How many times are you going to ask what was ordered? Were accused of scamming the shop of a hot dog when everyone paid for their food! Give a receipt! Never again! The two old ladies who work there need customer service training and an efficient way to take orders. Be nice!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

One of the best tasting hot dogs I've had. The character behind the counter kept us and the other customers entertained. It was great for the quick lunch we were after.

Been to Boston Hot Dog Co.? Share your experiences!