“Excellent B&B in Salem”
Review of Coach House Inn

Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2010

A charming, interesting B&B 10 mins walk from the centreof Salem; 3 minutes from the ocean and with a lovely park to walk in. 20 mins drive North from Logan airport, it is a perfect place to stay and settle into a holiday on the coast. The innkeeper was everything you could ask for. Like the rest of the inn, the room was clean and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was served in the room which was a relaxing way to start the day. The Innkeeper recommended a local brewery which also did food - we walked there and had a great night.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

My stay at the coach house inn was wonderful. Patty was an excellent hostess. She gave us brochures as to what to do in town. She made sure we had a cab when we went out. She was great and inn is so well kept. It's clean cozy and just like home. Now to the special guest. I choose this inn because it had great reviews and it didn't advertise ghosts... BUT..... on my last night at the end I was sleeping and I woke up because I felt someone sit on the edge of my bed. I turned around and covered my head from head to toe. What ever it was didn't bother but when I was checking out I asked the in keeper if she had ghost and she smiled and said yes. SO... the stay again was great.... but you may be visited by someone in the middle of the night... Other than that I HIGHLY reccomend this place. Oh and in the mornings you're awaken by the smell of fresh muffins and couisants. There is a basket at your door with goodies every morning...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank PinkMarisposa
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband and I wanted a get-away from New York City and decided on a weekend in Salem. We were able to get a room last minute at the Coach House Inn with two twins beds and a shared bathroom. We really enjoyed our stay! The B&B was very charming and clean. Our room was very comfortable and had plenty of space for both of us. We loved the breakfast basket in the morning with warm croissants and muffins! And the inn-keeper Pat was extremely friendly and helpful in providing many tips for local restaurants and walking tours. She also recommended a visit to Marblehead which we thoroughly enjoyed. All of her recommendations were perfect and really made the most of our weekend. We would highly recommend the Coach House for a very pleasant and charming experience!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYC13
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Coach House Inn is an excellent place to stay. We arrived earlier than the check in time, but were shown to our room and were able to check in upon our arrival. Our hostess greeted us and provided us with brochures and maps of places to see during our stay. She also recommended places to eat . She always greeted us in the morning and asked us how our night went. The continental breakfast was a pleasure. A cute basket, delivered outside your door, with pastries, fruit, and juices. Coffee , tea, and hot cocoa fixings were in the room. Beautiful antique furniture and accents. Clean and well kept up.
When we left, I forgot to pack some sweaters that were in our closet. I emailed the Inn and asked if they could be returned to me by mail. My things were sent within a week.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone staying in Salem.

1  Thank camilloJewettCity
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stayed at the Coach House Inn for three nights, starting October 1st and checking out October 4th.
The B&B is easy to find and a great location within walking distance, 15-20 minutes at most, to downtown Salem and the attractions.

I stayed in a two room accommodation. The first room had two beds, three big windows facing the side street, two large mirrors, chairs, a large dresser, a color/cable tv, plenty of space for luggage and room to breath and access to a private bathrom. The second room, connected through a door you can leave open or closed, had one bed, a refrigerator, color/cable tv, two windows, air conditioning/fan, mirror and sink(having the private extra sink was awesome). All the furniture is beautifil looking and antique-y.
If staying in the second one bed room there is still easy access to the bathroom and it's very private.

The rooms are busy looking with bright wallpaper, striped floors, rugs, colorful bedspreads and lacey curtains. I found the rooms to be emaculate &very very clean. I can tell the owner takes great pride in the B&B.

Although you can easily hear conversation going on in the hallway outside the room or guests coming and going through the backdoor I would not say the noise was loud, annoying or disruptive. I actually found that in my room, the single bed room, it was extremely quiet even though my window looked out to the parking lot and was next to the hallway and door.. I actually slept almost all the way through the night which is something I can never do at home.
The beds are super comfortable and soft with multiple pillows.
The fridge is big enough for whatever anybody would want to bring and keep cool. I stored ice teas, sandwiches, apple sauce and that kind of stuff in there.
The bathroom has a shower/tub and the shower as excellent pressure and the water always stayed hot. There is tons of storage in the bathroom for toiletries. Both rooms had shampoo, conditioner and soap and was replenished daily if used. All three garbages were emptied and fresh towels supplied daily as well as beds made and room straightened up. It was a very nice touch and makes the guest feel at home.
We were greeted kindly upon our arrival, given tips and directions and found it easy to park in the parking lot outside the B&B. When the lot filled up over the weekend there were tons of parking spots along the front and side streets and it was no problem.

Each morning a continental style breakfast is left at your door, in a basket, around 830am. Over the course of three days the breakfast included croissants, danishes, blueberry, raisin bran and corn muffins, butter & jelly, orange juice, peaches, grapes, green apples, red apples, bananas, oranges and a pear. The dresser has a small basket stocked with hot chocoalte, regular and decaf coffee, teas and sweetners and half and half. There is also a coffee maker which we used daily. Each room has two bottles of water and glasses in addition to the mugs for coffee, hot chocolate or tea.

I found the experience of staying at the Coach House Inn to be very pleasant, effortless, comfortable and safe. I don't have any complaints. If you want to stay someplace homey, victorian looking or just something radically different from a hotel than this would be a good place for you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank hauntingsummer
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My guy and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Salem. We quickly did some research and found the Coach House Inn, called and were immediately given a reservation for the night...nice! Having never Bed and Breakfast-ed before, we weren't quite sure what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised. The Inn was very quaint and charming from the outside, and the grounds were very well kept. Inside was like stepping back in time. The decor was definitely very period, with some victorian flair...I think the thing that impressed me most was the absolute cleanliness of every surface....there was not a speck of dust anywhere! The innkeeper, Pat, was very friendly and helpful, with tips of things to do and see, and restaurants in the area, all within just a few minutes walk. We woke to the smell of fresh muffins and a short while later, there was a lovely basket with some of the freshest fruit and delicious muffins outside of our door...YUM! As we were leaving, Pat came out to bid us good-bye, like we were old friends, it was really nice...can't wait to go back!

1  Thank simplyjean
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We arrived a few hours earlier than expected and it was no problem. Pat, the innkeeper, was very nice and extremely helpful with area information. Our room on the third floor was almost perfect and I say almost because the only thing I would change is putting a regular door on the bathroom. Currently it has a bifold louvered door which isn't very private. Other than that, I would say the place is perfect. Very clean, comfortable bed and the breakfast basket at the door is a nice touch. The house is very old but very well preserved and tastefully decorated with period furnishings. It's away from the downtown area but we walked everywhere and it was no problem. It was only a 3 mile drive from Marblehead which was very nice as well. Highly recommend staying here if you're visiting downtown Salem.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!