“We really enjoyed the Coach House Inn!!”
Review of Coach House Inn

Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Alabama
“We really enjoyed the Coach House Inn!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2006

We were lucky enough to find two rooms on short notice at the Coach House Inn and our family was quite comfortable. It was nice to get up in the morning and find a warm basket of rolls, muffins, fruit and juice at our door too!

The owner was very friendly and so helpful in giving us directions to anywhere we needed to go and by car, everything is so close by.

The rooms were decorated beautifully and we just had a very nice stay there. I would highly recommend this Inn to travelers!

• Liked — I especially liked the warm basket of goodies at our door in the morning!!
  • Disliked — There isn't really anything I disliked about it. Everything was very nice.
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to do the "Haunted Footsteps Tour" in Salem at dark! It's just a short drive from the Inn.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mary_Lou_H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2006

Having just returned from staying at this delightful B&B in Salem, I can't fault a thing with the property.

I had read a review posted about this property before my trip, but after booking the room, I must confess to being a little apprehensive about staying here as a result of a bad review - but I can honestly say that the I would go back to this B&B time and time again.

Our host was friendly, helpful and informative. The room was well appointed, and very spacious. The breakfast was delivered in a gingham lined wicker basket direct to the room. The B&B was clean, the temperature was suitably controlled and the ensuite bathroom was spacious and more than adequate.

A truely delightful property, the website pictures for the Coach House Inn do not do it justice - the rooms are really pretty and full of homely touches.

• Liked — The whole expreience was superb, but the friendly host and the quality of the accommodation
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Weimiemommy
Staffordshire, England
Reviewed September 23, 2006

The Coach House is a lovely old house converted into a B&B. The rooms are nicely decorated in period style and breakfast is fantastic - delivered to the room in a wicker basket!

The owner was really helpful, and the only downside was the 15min walk to central Salem (9 blocks) and the setting on a main road - although this makes finding the Coach House really easy. We enjoyed our stay and would definetely visit again.

• Stayed September 2006
1 Thank LSquire
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 27, 2006

My daughter and I spent nine nights at the Inn and enjoyed every minute. We felt the atmosphere was very cozy and friendly. Pat, the innkeeper ,made us feel right at home and was very helpful. Breakfast was delicious. We had no trouble sleeping on the mattresses and didn't find them uncomfortable at all. While downtown is not just a block away, it is in walking distance. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Liked — Friendly service and the breakfast
  • Disliked — Traffic could be a little noisy
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TravelerAR
livermore, ca
Reviewed July 11, 2006

The Coach House Inn in Salem is a beautiful home. We have stayed at alot of B&B's in California so we compare to those. This inn is on a very busy street and is very noisy.It is not within walking distance to any attractions. The woman who greeted us was very warm and friendly. There is plenty of parking. We really missed a parlor and evening snacks and wine or tea. There is nothing like that here.The rooms are very clean and decorated nicely. The mattresses were a horror, very hard and uncomfortable. As I mentioned before, it was very noisy from street traffic, and we had a difficult time sleeping. The breakfast was freshly baked muffins and croissant with juice. It was very good but nothing really special. All in all I would say this Inn is really nice but nothing special. I would probably spend a little more and stay at the Hawthorne Hotel.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank mcmerrn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 12, 2005

I found this b&b to be fantastic..me and my mom stayed there for a week and found it to be very charming.it was like walking back intime.We had a thunderstorm the first night so, it fit right in.The owner was very gracious.Also to go against some reviews, it was walking distance to most things.Once you got to downtown you just hop on the trolley.The breakfast basket was a great touch.LOOKED FOR IT EVERY MORNING.The inside as well as out was beautifully decorated..Kinda like walkin into the titanic.Very elegant.Thank you so much for the experience.

• Stayed June 2001
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2004

After reading the reviews and looking at the web site I thought that this would be a great place to spend the last two night of our 2 week trip of a life time to New England to see the fall colors. That wasn't quite the way it turned out. When we drove up the outside appearance was quite shabby, in fact I really didn't want to go inside. Happily, the interior was in much better condition, with the exception of the mattress. It was the most uncomfortable 2 nights of the entire trip. The room was nicely decorated, that bathroom very small, but spotless and the breakfast basket was nice. Walking to anything is not an option, and driving in Salem is an interesting experience. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2004
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
The Salem Inn
The Salem Inn
#6 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!