“charming but......”

and 1 more site!
Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2006

The Coach House Inn in Salem is a beautiful home. We have stayed at alot of B&B's in California so we compare to those. This inn is on a very busy street and is very noisy.It is not within walking distance to any attractions. The woman who greeted us was very warm and friendly. There is plenty of parking. We really missed a parlor and evening snacks and wine or tea. There is nothing like that here.The rooms are very clean and decorated nicely. The mattresses were a horror, very hard and uncomfortable. As I mentioned before, it was very noisy from street traffic, and we had a difficult time sleeping. The breakfast was freshly baked muffins and croissant with juice. It was very good but nothing really special. All in all I would say this Inn is really nice but nothing special. I would probably spend a little more and stay at the Hawthorne Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank mcmerrn

laguna niguel ca.
Reviewed December 12, 2005

I found this b&b to be fantastic..me and my mom stayed there for a week and found it to be very charming.it was like walking back intime.We had a thunderstorm the first night so, it fit right in.The owner was very gracious.Also to go against some reviews, it was walking distance to most things.Once you got to downtown you just hop on the trolley.The breakfast basket was a great touch.LOOKED FOR IT EVERY MORNING.The inside as well as out was beautifully decorated..Kinda like walkin into the titanic.Very elegant.Thank you so much for the experience.

• Stayed: June 2001
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sumner, WA
Reviewed October 21, 2004

After reading the reviews and looking at the web site I thought that this would be a great place to spend the last two night of our 2 week trip of a life time to New England to see the fall colors. That wasn't quite the way it turned out. When we drove up the outside appearance was quite shabby, in fact I really didn't want to go inside. Happily, the interior was in much better condition, with the exception of the mattress. It was the most uncomfortable 2 nights of the entire trip. The room was nicely decorated, that bathroom very small, but spotless and the breakfast basket was nice. Walking to anything is not an option, and driving in Salem is an interesting experience. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Strongsville, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2004

My husband and I recently visited Salem, Mass. and stayed at this bed and breakfast. I can not say enough good things about our stay there. It was warm and cozy. Our room was clean and tidy. The innkeeper was fantastic...she made us feel so at home. Every morning a beautiful breakfast basket was left at our door. It was so fun to see what was in that basket. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. You will not be disappointed.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 24, 2004

Our visit was in 2002. It was our first stay at a B&B and probably the last. It is a beautiful place, we had a 2 bedroom suite. I had always heard how friendly owners and staff at B&B's are, but that wasn't our experience. The staff was friendly enough, but the owner was surly. It was probably our fault because we had made the reservation for 2 adults, 2 children and the night before we left home, we unexpectedly ended up with an extra child. The owner was outside when we pulled in the parking lot and jumped on us as we were getting out of the car about having an extra person and the fact that we would not be getting anything extra for the breakfast since we had not notified of the change. That was fine since there was plenty for everyone anyways. We felt very uncomfortable the whole time we were there though - afraid to come out of the room and run into the owner. We had a hard time finding the Inn and it's not walking distance to any of the museums or tourist attractions in Salem.

• Stayed: August 2002
6  Thank CLEMichigan
Reviewed September 19, 2004

We just came back from a New England vacation having spent two nights at the Coach House B&B in Salem. This is a beautiful old home, very tastefully decorated. The owner was very pleasant and helpful in finding restaurants and points of interest.
We stayed in the blue room which was very nice although the bathroom was very small. All the bedrooms were very clean, and the breakfast served in a basket every morning at your door was more than sufficient. The bottled water every day was a deffinite plus.

2  Thank Darlene K
Reviewed August 10, 2004

I would definately recommend staying at the Coach House Inn! Friendly, helpful service, gorgeous rooms, and a wonderful breakfast brought right to your door.
I loved the location; quiet and close to everything, with parking behind the Inn.
Also, I was offered great information about where to go and what to see while in Salem.
I would, without hesitation, encourage anyone looking for a nice, private getaway spot to stay at the Coach House Inn.

3  Thank CanukTripper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
1 mi away
#6 of 9 in Salem
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!