“Excellent treat for a hot day!!!!”

Captain Dusty's Ice Cream
Ranked #4 of 15 Dessert in Salem
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We were walking during our vacation in Salem and stopped in this little ice cream shop. I personally am not a huge fan of ice cream but when I saw that they made peanut butter oreo ice cream, I Was intrigued. I was not disappointed!!!! This was one of the best ice creams I have ever eaten!!!! Well worth the extra calories!!! Check out the pic and judge for yourself!!!

1  Thank Kristi35

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Off the beaten track with parking to boot. Average varieties with no surprises but good portions with great creamy texture. the price was competative overall.

1  Thank AuTomJoy
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Fresh ice cream in a convenient walking/driving location in downtown Salem. Had fun eating ice cream recently while listening to the sounds of live, local tunes play from neighboring restaurants.

1  Thank reppop
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Really great ice cream! Nice atmosphere! We really enjoyed it! Good variety too! It was fantastic! Try it.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We looked at some of the reviews on this location and I think people may have expected too much from an ice cream parlor. The location is basic (small, not decorated, and not really intended for an eat in experience). The location is right on the main road, a short walk from the heart of Salem and is great for an evening stroll. The ice cream was home made and delicious. The only negative of this was the workers were uninterested college students. We went in, got our ice cream, and walked through Salem. Great ice cream and a great price.

Been to Captain Dusty's Ice Cream? Share your experiences!